The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Anyone need front speaker mounts?

CutlassJim

With the weather warming up I'm getting back out into the garage and doing an inventory on what I have/need to get the car back together. I found I only have one of the OEM front speaker mounts. I have a 3D printer and had just made some custom mounts for my daily to run 3.5" coax in place of the OEM JBL 2" tweeter that worked out great.

Adapter2 .JPG
20240306_155910.jpg
20240316_114145.jpg

I took my one OEM mount and modeled up a replacement. The only change is the bolt holes are on a good B.C. for aftermarket speakers VS the stock ones and I added some extra fillets and small features to aid in printing.

Front speaker mount 2.JPGFront speaker mount.JPG

It's an 11 hour print so it's still going but I was thinking I can't be the only person in this boat. I'll update with fitment pictures (I don't have speakers yet) but if anyone else needs a single or set of these feel free to shoot me a PM. Made from black CF PETG for moisture and temp resistance.

CutlassJim

Following up.

Was just able to get back to this. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It's not a %100 reproduction but %100 functional and about %95 accurate. I still haven't pulled the trigger on any speakers yet but I can at least test fit it in the car and see if there's any tweaks I want to make.

20240404_090726.jpg20240404_090735.jpg
20240404_090747.jpg
20240404_090753.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned