The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front door speaker removal

ducttapeguy

Can anyone tell me how to remove the speakers in the front doors? Mine a re blown and I cant figure out how to get the speaker cover off. I tend to break things when I just pry. Is it just the little grill that comes off? If so how do you get it off without bending it or breaking it. Thanks

Tyler

BoostedAWD91

you gotta take the door panel off first. Once thats off you will have access to the speaker

turbofonz

Yeah I just did this a few days ago. Door panels gotta come off. bunch of phillips heads then pull up on the panel.

Olson

just tear into it. its not like its difficult

Whoodoo

I assume youre putting in new speakers. Which ones?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot... If you haven't taken the door panel off before be sure you remove all the screws, then pull UP, not out.

Last edited:

ducttapeguy

Im replacing all the speakers. they were blown. I have some pioneers in the front and back and Im putting JVCs in the doors. Nothing fancy...yet

DR1665

Loosely on the subject, I got a pair of Infinity 6022i speakers for the rear deck at Christmas. They're 6.5" and I've seen them from $60-$130 online. They surprised me. Turning my eight year old Pioneer deck up about a third of the way, those things can shake the rearview mirror. Gonna get another set for the front doors soon.

If you're in the market for speakers, but don't want to spend a fortune, these are damn solid. Just saying.

I threw in some MB quarts, they sound phenominal. I'm deleting the front dash speakers do to me having a speaker gauge pod on the drivers side, so no sense in putting a speaker in the other side. I was actually considering having another pod made for the other side. Not really driver usable but more for the passenger to have something to look at. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I think I gave around a bill on an ebay store for them. That was for two back 61/2's and two 51/4's for the front doors. Top quality too

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Posten

Be very careful pulling UP on the door card. The clips that hold the bottom of the card tight to the door are very brittle and will rip the cardboard really easily.

DO NOT pull the door card out. Just up.

broxma

Or considering that mine, as I am sure many others, have already broken, just get some black self tapping tek screws and fasten the bottom of the door down that way. Now instead of trying to wrangle it back on with those silly rear panel mounts you remove them and screw it back on the bottom with two screws.

GIjoe

Quoting DR1665:
Loosely on the subject, I got a pair of Infinity 6022i speakers for the rear deck at Christmas. They're 6.5" and I've seen them from $60-$130 online. They surprised me. Turning my eight year old Pioneer deck up about a third of the way, those things can shake the rearview mirror. Gonna get another set for the front doors soon.

If you're in the market for speakers, but don't want to spend a fortune, these are damn solid. Just saying.

Good call! I'm actually looking for a nice set to replace all of my speakers, I'll definetly check the infinitys out!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned