The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Window vent visors

tombaman

I know there are multiple threads on here about vent visors for our cars. And personally I have searched over and over with very little found. They are either expensive or/and a month or longer wait on shipping. But has anyone looked into or even considered having some made by 3D Printing? Just an idea. Didn't know if anyone had access to a printer or knew someone who did? Maybe it would be cheaper and easier to get them this way. And maybe we could have more options on color or design of it.

And if it would be possible to have parts made this way, why couldn't we have hard to find items made this way?

tektic

I believe the OP is talking about something like this
acura_vent.26.jpg

tombaman

That is exactly what I'm talking about.

Rain guard / Door Visor

SSGdave

Ive seen aftermarket ones on ebay. But I've been hesitant to buy them because ive seen a few in person that looked purple vs black.

I would also like a set of them, so I hope you find a place that makes a nice copy for our cars.

tsijohn333

The ones on ebay fit good. They have no purple tint to them at all. Just black. They use double sided sticky tape though to mount. Make sure to prep the door where it sticks and you should be all set. They hold on really good. They have seen 120mph + and are still on!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned