The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Any intrest for plug and play Evo 8 to 1g set up .. w/pic

boostx

This will include the jumper harness and ecu. I may be able to provide the MAF also i will have to check. Each one will be tested on a car.

Last edited:

5OF2k

IF I wasnt already on AEM and SD, I'd definitely jump on this. it's a pretty damn good setup, really. Kind of surprised more people dont run it and that there isnt a conversion harness out there already(similar to the plug-and-play Honda units to switch from the different OBD's)for this.

-Jake

blacksheep

Quoting Boostx:
This will include the jumper harness and ecu. I may be able to provide the MAF also i will have to check. Each one will be tested on a car.

This will become more popular as DSM/GVR4 ECU's get more expensive. I think as always, it will hinge on price esp. here LOL

5OF2k

^ very true.... It's have to be cheaper than a link setup for it to be a solid alternative.....

Street Surgeon

I'd buy a jumper harness, as long as it included an OBD2 port as well as a factory modified rom that would work with said harnesses pinout etc.

boostx

It will be also be cheaper that DSM LINK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

boostx

It will include both OBD2 ports.

tsitalon1

Quoting Boostx:
It will be also be cheaper that DSM LINK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Already have link - used to have an Evo X so I'm used to ECUFlash - but honestly - what would someone with link gain going from link to Evo8 ECU?

5OF2k

I think you're looking at it from the wrong agle, tsi. this isnt for people wanting to go from link to this, or any other programmable management to this. It's meant for people who are on stock ECUs and similar setups, for THEM to upgrade. Make more sense?

-Jake

boostx

This will be for who is not running a programmable ECU

LIV4PSI

The EVO ECU has a faster processor. That allows for a finer tune due to more data points, and also better knock control I would think.

I think the biggest thing is how much the ECUs are going to cost. 3G eclipses are all over junk yards, so ECUs are easy to come by.

tsitalon1

Quoting 5OF2k:
I think you're looking at it from the wrong agle, tsi. this isnt for people wanting to go from link to this, or any other programmable management to this. It's meant for people who are on stock ECUs and similar setups, for THEM to upgrade. Make more sense?

-Jake

Sorry, I wasn't trying to derail the thread. The thread asked if there was any interest, so I was trying to see if there was anything to be gained by switching.

Thanks guys!

dsmless

I would be intrested, be easy to source a 3g eclipse ecu for close to free. The most expensive part would be the conversion harness and have someone tune it.

LIV4PSI

And selling our stock EPROM ECU offsets the costs of the new knock/maf sensors and a taxtric cable.

boostx

From what i understand not all 3g ecu will work, It needs to be the 5 speed ones.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
L4? V6? Doesn't matter?

raptorWagon

Got my attention Boostx, some people are thinking way to hard on this and DSMs are not all over every junkyard, especially turbo lol. This could also benefit those of us with other projects with g63t transplants /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

LIV4PSI

Nvm

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned