The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Alternator Heat Shield Completed

CarRacer

I cleaned up the welds and painted the shield to see how it would look finished.
I don't think I'll have to swiss cheese it on the front either. I took a picture from underneath that really shows the airgap that it has. The front cutout allows air to the vents on the front as well. It protects the wires, so hopefully that will stop them from getting crispy and brittle. I think the design will be ok, but still feel free to comment. Consider this an open source heat shield. :p

strokin4dr

That is plenty of room for air flow. I love it. If you do start selling them, I will definately take one.

cheekychimp

Quote:
I'm going to bolt it or pop rivet it to the dip stick mounting tab. I don't think that will hold it without letting it rattle around. I'm going to wait to find another mounting point until the belt is mounted and the alternator is in position.

Wouldn't a tab on the top right hand corner that the bolt mounting the alternator could fit through do the trick?

And I still want one of these BADLY!

mistaVR4

+1 Paul! That seems like it would be a good place for another mounting point for sure! Either way, this is a really cool part you've made, I would be interested as well!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned