The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

93 Eagle Summit Wagon AWD project

GSX_TC

Quoting Leon_R:
Galant is just a winter beater... Which I am driving this summer when I am working on the Summit, because my summer beater (96 Spyder GST) is getting AWD conversion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

you should try to bring the Galant and the summit to the shootout Leon! that way we can have all the VR4's lined up and i can take the pics.

Leon_R

Sorry, I can't bring the Galant over (700 miles, each way) for a photo shoot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leon_R

I had a great time at 20th DSM Shootout at Norwalk, OH! I chose to race in Max Effort class, because I have had some luck in this class before (taking 2nd place Dennis G., back in ’02 or ’03). I really wasn’t sure how this van would react to the AutoX, there isn’t any off the shelf modifications for this vehicle, everything I did to it, was adapted from other cars (mostly EVO8/9). But it did OK, good enough for 5th place among the autox cars and 3rd place overall in Max Effort (after drag racing times were added to the autox times).

This is one of my earlier autox passes (around 1:10)

click

And this is was one of my ¼ passes:

click

I would like to thank David Buschur for an awesome event (best shootout to date!). And ECM Tuning for sponsoring the Max Effort class!

I would like to encourage more cars to race in the Max Effort! If a 12.0 minivan can take a trophy, so can many others! Give this class a chance it a TON of fun!

TomN

I was planning to run my evo 1 in max effort but it crankwalked to close to the event to get it fixed in time.
I will hopefully do it next year. Looks like a lot of fun.

IncorpoRatedX

Leon,

The car looked great and performed very well! I was impressed. I heard a lot of people saying "I've always wanted one of those!"

including myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Leon_R

A bit late, but I finally got Chad's video of my van at the shootout:

click

matt92vr4

Sweet! I love it. How much do you want for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GSX_TC

Good job Leon! I saw lots of nice vids and pics of the summit in action, are you bringing it again this year or are you bringing your VR4?

Quoting TomN:
I was planning to run my evo 1 in max effort but it crankwalked to close to the event to get it fixed in time.
I will hopefully do it next year. Looks like a lot of fun.

I would love to see this car In person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Leon_R

Summit is not for sale (I get this question a lot!). I am having way too muvh fun with it! If it was for sale, I would be over $10k and most people are thinking of it as $2k junk box /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. So I doubt it will ever be sold!

I sold my Galant last December and picked up this:

0F88C78A-7ECB-4AA8-9B5B-BEF4BADDA945-3901-00000407C3ACEE36.jpg

One of 4100 imported into US, I have to stay with unique cars /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

MellowVR4

First time i see one of those, must be RARE

Leon_R

As I said, about as rare as a GVR4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

0B7F3657-D4C6-423B-BD36-1B3CBF2DB17E-3901-00000407FD874F2A.jpg

matt92vr4

Quote:
As I said, about as rare as a GVR4

...and just as ugly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Leon_R

No, a different type of ugly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Galant was basically INVISIBLE. This car gets LOTS of attention, the color makes 90% of people notice it, out them:

5% think: wow, I haven't seen this things in years!

95% WHAT IS THAT?

Out of that number, 50% think: that thing is UGLY

The other 50% think: That thing is TOTALLY COOL!

I have 1-3 people per day come up to me and tell me how cool it it...

I had only one person do that in year of driving my Galant, so it is a different type of ugly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

citymunky

I guess I'm one of the 5%, since I haven't seen one of those thing in years.

matt92vr4

What percentage thinks it's cool and ugly?

GSX_TC

Can't believe you sold that VR4 for a Vehicross. Oh well, I guess these cars aren't for everybody.

Leon_R

Some more fun with the Summit!

click

Ralli380Gvr4

Too much boost...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned