The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

559/2000 intercooler and clutch install. "BigThanks"

Galantvr4559

I just want to start by saying a big thank u to overkill and diego. Overkill especially, he did so much for me this past weekend. Alot of running around for stupid stuff.

Well this past weekend I installed new xtd stg 4 clutch kit and a massive griffin custom vr4 made intercooler. Both pita. Well I will start by saying I love the clutch but something was missed from the factory, because there were some nubs that were on the pressure plate that were hitting my bell housing. Other than that clutch install went pretty good, took a long time. The massive front mount I installed I had to do alot of cutting stuff away so piping wouldnt rub on anything.

the reason for this thread is to say thank u overkill and diego for the help.

Nartanian

Nice man. Post some pics when you can.

pot

Staff member
Thats what being a member from this forum is all about. Kudos to Diego and Co. Now, how about some pictures of that "Massive" Griffin core and pictures of your setup.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting Galantvr4559:
I just want to start by saying a big thank u to overkill and diego. Overkill especially, he did so much for me this past weekend. Alot of running around for stupid stuff.

Well this past weekend I installed new xtd stg 4 clutch kit and a massive griffin custom vr4 made intercooler. Both pita. Well I will start by saying I love the clutch but something was missed from the factory, because there were some nubs that were on the pressure plate that were hitting my bell housing. Other than that clutch install went pretty good, took a long time. The massive front mount I installed I had to do alot of cutting stuff away so piping wouldnt rub on anything.

the reason for this thread is to say thank u overkill and diego for the help.

what size turbo are you running that requires such a large fmic?

and what 'nubs' are you talking about?

beaner

Quoting Alpha Male:

What makes you think a big snail is required for a big ic?

GSX_TC

Pressure drop

Diego

The core is f'n huge and I mean huge. Think goes from foglight to foglight.

Ok, now order me a replacement extended rod that you borrowed from under my car, so I can drive again.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting Beaner:
Quoting Alpha Male:

What makes you think a big snail is required for a big ic?

um.... wat? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Diego

Well he has a decent GodSpeed core that did fine would see a flutter of a 3rd bar(stock boost gauge was turned to knock gauge) before shifting hard into 4th now after changing cores it barely lights one bar on the dash.

Galantvr4559

The main reason I got the core was for trade for a paint job on a 90 300zc tt and I wanted an intercooler big enough to grow with power and fill the middle section of the gvr4 bumper. Im running a dual bb precision 50 trim on 750 fic's, eprom chip, pump gas on 19 to 20 lbs. Im gonna turn my boost up when I go to bandimere because they have 104 octane fuel. I only have picture on my phone I will upload very soon.

Launch

Nubs, Rubbing against the webs of the trans? ouch. Ive had to 'Trim' some casting on 2G/ACT installs.
Any pics of said nubs?

FYI extended clutch rods are bad,mkay? If your overthrowing the hyd. system, your doing it wrong. Wheres your fulcrum sit at in the bell housing window?
Diego I found ya some flywheels if you still need 'em.

Diego

I know extended rods are bad, but it was needed to fix my problems I was having.

The flywheel was for Bryan the OP.

Galantvr4559

I know extended pushrods are bad but i dont need one to drive my car it just makes my pedal release later. I need a new master I noticed mine was leaking a little bit while I was under there adjusting. Ill give ur rod back in a couple days diego.

Diego

Nice, don't forget to bring the core and pipe with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

GSX_TC

Nice nice, looks almost as big as a spearco 2-216

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned