The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Going back to a single disk clutch

curtis

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Oh my God I was chasing tail, building cars, fabricating and STREET RACING BEFORE YOU WERE BORN.

But Toybreaker was doing all of the above before I was born. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

beaner

sounds gay.

cant wait for wop to put it all together and hate it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

thecman02

+1 ^

He'll go to get a tune and the clutch will slip and will be told he needs a twin disk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

turbowop

Quoting thecman02:
We need pics of the whole car on jackstands :)

Finally back from Hawaii. After chasing the threads in the crank, I installed the flywheel and clutch. I cleaned the dust off the new trans, installed new axle seals and set it next to the car to be installed tomorrow if I get time. But here is a pic of the car on jackstands... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

GVR47111K

^^Cute.

turbowop

Installed the trans today. The car is sooooo much easier to drive now, even with the welded center diff. I love it.

The welded center is interesting. I would probably hate it if I had to use the car as a daily commuter and parallel park the thing a lot, but as a weekend car that only has to deal with a few parking lots, I think I can handle it just fine. I think the rear cv-joints make some noise during sharp turns and I can definitely feel it in those sharp turns, but it's fine on the street when turning corners, even making right hand turns at intersections. Maybe since I got used to driving my old Toyota with Detroit lockers front and rear that this doesn't seem so bad.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned