The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

555/1000

mitsuturbo

Looks like it must have happened while being shipped. I can't see any marks in the aluminum that would indicate any metal contact, like from a jack or something. You can clearly see it was dented in, though. By something.

mitsuturbo

It's fixed now. No more leak!

I've filled it with water/coolant now, and am doing some more testing while it's still on jackstands. Making sure there are NO LEAKS whatsoever.
I still have to finish setting up the wideband, rewire a couple of things (including the fuel pump), and it will be ready to roll out.

I've run it until the cooling fan came on AND SHUT OFF a couple of times. It sounds good. It idles well. Maybe i'll drive it by next month!

mitsuturbo

I've put about 3 miles on the car now. Engine "break in" is just about done. Next week ill be getting the licensing taken care of, try to tune it on SD so it runs well enough to pass emission, and then start worrying about things like alignment, camber, rewiring the fuel pump, washing the windows, finding a new rear speaker grille... the really petty sh*t. As of now, it runs pretty well. I'm starting from 0 with link v3 right now, basically. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

JNR

Congrats on getting it running and driving and just take teasy for awhile to work out the bugs and stuff. Hopefully I'll be next, as it's getting real close!

GSX_TC

Nice engine bay, the outside looks just like mark's car.

GSX_TC

Haha Nice, so what do you have on that car now mark, the stockers?

turbowop

Yeah. Not to highjack Anthony's thread, but I don't really need to make 503 all racy with wheels and sh*t. I just have the stockers on it and figure the 5zigens would be better suited to somebody trying to make a nicer GVR4. The sale of those wheels also allowed me to put a few dollars in the bank and paid for a used version of DSMlink 2.5 for 503.

JNR

[edit - oh, thought this was talking about 1051? Didn't you get some jdm yo aftermarket mesh wheels for that one?]

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

When i say it's done, i mean it's drivable after 2 years of JSB.

Now i have to get the car registered/legal and TUNE IT. A trip to the dyno will probably be in the spring.
I'll probably add an alc/meth system to it before too long.
I need to get a new steering wheel. I hate the white one.
I need to get BC coilovers or better.
I have to get paint and body done, maybe after i get some JDM bumpers.
It needs a windshield.
I need to fix the door locks, (outside) even though i'll probably never use them.

Then i believe it will be pretty much 100% done.

Barnes

I hate those wheels! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Because they aren't on my car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

turbowop

Quoting JNR:
[edit - oh, thought this was talking about 1051? Didn't you get some jdm yo aftermarket mesh wheels for that one?]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The f*** are you talking about?

unistylef

Car is lovely... btw what are the wheel/tire specs? I like the way it looks!

mitsuturbo

5Zigen FN01R-C 17x8 @ 35 with Kumho Ecsta MX 245/40/17

Keep in mind the alignment is WAY out as far as camber goes, both front and rear. The rears need to come out a bit, and the fronts need to be pulled in a bit.
I'm not sure when i can afford a set of BC coilovers, but if i don't get them soon, i'll try camber bolts up front to start with. I have adj. rear control arms as well. I just haven't cut the spacers to the right size and put them in yet. I was planning to do that with a set of BCs.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned