The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

555/1000

DynastyLCD

looks super clean, the cams sound great!

any plans to dyno, or hit the track with this?

mitsuturbo

Both, eventually. I have to get it dialed in so it runs right. I think i'm going to toss some 450's and a stock MAF on it one day soon. I need to get a baseline on my "airflowperrev" so i can dial the VE table and injectors in properly with ECMLink and the SD setup. I suppose with a stock maf and injectors, whatever Link says this value is, is what i need to shoot for with my VE table. Then, based on that, dial in the 1000cc injectors so it runs with proper A/Fr and throttle response.

mitsuturbo

Looks ok, i guess. It's on jackstands again, though. I'm doing some transmission work, and for first oil change i'm pulling the pan and checking everything. I'll put up a post in Member's Rides section once it's finally registered, tabbed, and insured.

mitsuturbo

I replaced the Shep Stage 4 gearset with an Ultimate ratio gearset from Jack's. I made sure and included the double synchro 1st-4th, and evo3 fifth gears. Synchros engage MUCH more smoothly, and there's no annoying noise from the trans now, like the Shep gearset had.

When i took it apart, i found that the REM ISF process had taken some material from pretty much everywhere on the input and intermediate shafts, so tolerances were a bit looser than "factory". I would NOT recommend anyone have this process performed.

I'm not really driving the car yet, as it's STILL not registered/plated. I'm in the process of negotiating a short-sale on a home, and it's outside the area which requires emissions be done. SO i'm going to wait until i get moved to register it.

I also removed the ABS last week. I would advise anyone else thinking of doing this to do it while the powertrain is NOT in the car, if at all possible. It's perfectly doable with everything in there, but it's not a lot of fun.

Also, since last post, i put in a Sparco Lap 5 steering wheel, and threw the old white Grant GT wheel in the trash.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I actually drove the car to work today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Still need a few things. Fresh paint, minor body work, windshield, 91 tails, JDM hood and bumpers, BC coilovers, and need to get the cobra rotors now so i can put the 3k brakes on the front (i have the brackets and calipers already).

G

Staff member
Sounds nice!

mitsuturbo

Oh, i wanted to mention that the crankcase evac setup i put together seems to be working really well so far. There seems to be enough vacuum generated with the slashcut bulkhead fitting in the intake tract that it's drawing oil vapor into the separator, and i have yet to blow out a dipstick. The dipstick in this thing is pretty old, and would easily blow out if there was a little crankcase pressure with nowhere else to go. My stock breather tube is completely plugged off, and i kept the PCV valve.

mitsuturbo

Oh god no. The first thing I sold off this car was that awful thing. I can't believe people pay good money for that sh*t.

I will be selling the suspension off of it pretty soon. That's something actually useful! It's what the car is sitting on in all the photos here.

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

Winter upgrades are nearly complete. Just waiting on a few things. I hope to roll out to some sausage fest car meet on the 29th, but don't know if i'll make it. Here are a few of the goodies that should be buttoned up in the next week.

Magnus SMIM
New stainless cold side FMIC pipe with IAT bung and 50mm BOV flange
Turbosmart RacePort BOV
70mm throttle body
FIAV blockoff
external FIAV module
BC RM inverted ram Coilovers
Cusco front STB
Whiteline 22mm front swaybar
Whiteline 26mm rear swaybar
Moog end links front and rear
Rebuilt front LCAs with Energy bushings
TechnaFit stainless brake lines all around
Had the FP exh. manifold ceramic coated (original coating was sh*t)
New mani-turbine bolts/washers
New XRP 20 micron inline turbo oil filter and AN adaptor/fittings from head (no more banjo junk)
relocated the oil separator and replaced it because it had a leak
MAP CAS cover

I'll take some photos once it's all put back together. Until i get a new BMRS hose i can't mount the oil separator. I'm also waiting for bolts, washers, a gasket, rear swaybar end links and a JMF coil pack bracket before i can get it done. They should all be here from summit and extremepsi pretty soon.

mitsuturbo

Winter upgrades have been done for a while now. I've finally got about 500 miles on the car since I bought it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A few updated photos for the forum:

362Ryan

Your car looks great. Hoping that Andrew gets 461 on the road again so we can get a triple KG photo op.

mitsuturbo

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Looks super clean, dude. Did you ever source a set of mint tails?

nope. Going with the 93s, but I'm modifying a non vr4 set.

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Nice job Justin.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned