The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

504/2000 Restoration project and 2 other VR4. Why do I love these cars!!

bobdole

Just picked up the drive shaft and it looks great. Can't wait to get it all but back together. Just waiting on rear steering rack, swaybars, Coilovers, Gas tank and sending unit. Oh I have to still paint the rear crossmember.

Thanks

TWEAKD4

You are doing what I want to do but don't have time or funds to do. Great work so far and looking forward for updates. How much did it cost to rebuild the driveshaft?

bobdole

Cost about $400.00 for the full rebuild of the driveshaft. Had it plasted and painted. I finished welding the rear bumper support today. Dropped off to get sand plasted. Then I will repaint and install the rear bumber back. Repainted the cross member today. Turned out great

Last edited:

curtis

Bob you've not been around but I did the design work and John aka Boostx did the leg work and in the end we came up with new bushings for the subframe as well as the mustache brace. PM John and see if he has any or yell at Garfield and see if he has any in stock. John may still be away but see if one of the two can get you a set before everything goes in.

Wish mine was in that condition right now. Still have to roll it out and do all that to mine plus cut out the trunk for the fuel safe.

Keep it up mods look like there going right along.

bobdole

I got the fuel pump back. Man I am impressed with there work. They welded a new neck and cleaned it up.

Before:

After:

Got more parts back from the sand plaster. They turned out great.

Got the rear bumper surpport back from the sand plaster also. Going to need to weld somemore. He but a hole in it.

Started to put the rear diff and steering rack back. Got it rebuilt also.

And my BC coilovers should up. They look sweet!!!! If you are intersted in the coilover hit me up I can get you a great price!!!
I will do a review on them when I finish installing everything.

Picture of all my bolts getting cleaned up. Almost done.

Last edited:

bobdole

Painted the rear brake calipers. These where replaced 1 year ago by the last owner. Just had some rust on them. So I treaded them today. Going to paint them tomorrow.

Should have the gas tank back tomorrow.

bobdole

Got the gas tank back.

Fixed the whole in the bumper support.

Then sealed it. Just got to paint it.

Finished painting the calipers.

bobdole

Painted the bumper support yesterday. Going to but the gas tank and bumper back on today.

Going to start putting everything back together now.

Polish

That is a ton of work (And $$$) you are doing. Awesome job so far, looks like it will be a new car when you're done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

My hat is off to you sir. Super build /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

bobdole

Gas tank back in.

Bolted down the rear steering rack and started to but everything back together. Wish the whitleline swaysbars would come in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Last edited:

bobdole

Just finished bolting the bumper support back in.

broxma

That is looking real nice. I have a great appreciation for attention to detail. Makes me want to pull my Gas tank now, something I should have done during my restoration.

Keep it up. Will check back.

/brox

Nice job so far this build is inspiring wish I had the skills/space(condo no working on cars allowed)to duplicate such a build. With that being said there have been several guys on here who have done in my opinion top notch resto/mods on these cars. I say we should do them all collectively as a group. I am sure there is at least one guy in each region who has done such a build/restoration as you have. I would certainly at least like to address the rust issues before it gets worse so I nominate my car for the next rust/resto mod if anyone in the tristate area is willing to tackle such a project. Of course I would fund the project both for parts and labor.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

G

Staff member
The outside of the tank looks nice, what about the inside?

BlitzVR4

I have BC Coilovers as well. I love mine. Terrible instructions though. I got the one with the inverted tube. I have made no adjustments besides ride height. The car handles really nice. Little stiff for daily, but my car is not daily anymore.

bobdole

Quoting G:
The outside of the tank looks nice, what about the inside?

The inside of the tank was very clean. Didn't do anything to it.

bobdole

Update: Haven't had much time to work on her. Installed the new fuel hose and put the rear suspension back together. I also but back the rear bumper with all new bolts. Two bolts broke when I took it off. So took a little time redrilling those.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned