The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2G 450cc (stock OE inj) Swap compatability Qs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Launch

-Will a set of eclipse 2G injectors (green revised pintle caps) work in a GVR4/1G without modifications?

Thanks in advance

Yes, they will fit and run fine, but they aren't much better than the factory 1G injectors.

mistaVR4

I may be completely wrong but the last set of injectors pulled from a friends turbo 2G were only 390cc, I believe it was the first year of the 2G, 95'~? Its been a little while, Just wanted to throw that out there too...

-Steve

My 2g 95 gsx had 450 black tops, but it's a 5 speed. I swapped them out for the blue top's. Not sure the difference really. You could be right about the autos being a lower impedance injector.

Last edited by a moderator:

MitchooO

Yes i know for a fact the 2g autos came with 390's, they were a tanish color and the 450's are black top instead of blue

stevep

It clearly says in the FSM that the turbo 2G all got 450cc (MDL450) injectors.
I don't know how anybody can state as a fact otherwise?

IncorpoRatedX

+1 for the confirmation that ALL 2G Turbo models came with 450CC injectors, all turbo 2G's came with the T25 turbo as well. This is commonly confused among newbs.

MitchooO

wow everyone gang up on me, this doesnt help the guys question...but thanks for makin me feel like an idiot, ive seen 3 2g's in junkyards with tan top 390's and they were all autos..so unless the papers are wrong or some guy had 3 2g's and swapped 390's in them then im sorry im the dipshit

You're probably looking at non-turbo cars with the 240cc injectors, which are also some light tan color. As they said, ALL 2G Turbo DSM's came with 450cc. The ECU's are even the same identical ECU for both A/T and 5-speed, unlike the 1G's. 1G A/T's were the only ones with 390cc.

Rausch

Thanks for the answers, Gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned