The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2G downpipe and CM 3" Cat back compatability?

BlitzVR4

I just bought a Apexi N1 downpipe for a 2G to put on my GVR4, because the 1G N1 downpipe butts right next to my DSS driveshaft. With the stock driveshaft I had no problem. Guess with the new diameter of the driveshaft there is no room.

My question is will a CM 3" cat back bolt up to the 2G downpipe? I tried using my Apexi N1 1G cat back and the flanges do not match. I know I can probably have a muffler shop cut the flange off and reweld it, but it is time to retire my 1G exhaust. It just does not fit and has a hole in the canister and just old.

Thanks.

TSimage

Maybe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif you know something I don't but the 2G DP I tried to put on my Galant wouldn't work. It points towards the driver side rear because that's the side the 2gs exhaust exits where as Galants and 1gs exit the passenger side.

raptorWagon

Might be something to ask Garfield, Jonas.

TSimage, the Megan Racing 2g awd downpipes have been known to fit our cars, it might depend on what what brand you are using causing that offset.

BlitzVR4

I asked Garfield first. His suggestion is to order the exhaust with the flange not welded on and have an exhaust shop finish the welding. If I only new how to weld. Anyways I think I will just order the exhaust with the flange not welded on.

dsmless

I am using the 2g awd downpipe I got it off ebay been on 96 for almost a year and it fits good

BlitzVR4

I have the 2G downpipe on now and it fits great. My question is will Galant specific exhaust from Certified Muffler bolt up to the 2G downpipe?

raptorWagon

Try to do a mock up of how it would sit/line up if it was bolted to the downpipe, is the best I can suggest. I know the Muffler shop off of Holland Rd, does good work when it comes time for welding.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned