The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1g dsm ecu in jdm vr-4 rs

Will this DSM ecu work in my 91 jdm gvr4 rs ?? Or do i have to rewire anything or something ? I have the 808 ecu now.

attachmentphp1.jpg

attachmentphp.jpg

conquesttsi

Oh. I don't see why you wouldn't go for it then. You will need to swap the guts of the dsm ecu into the gvr4 case for mounting.

Last edited:

cheekychimp

You will throw a CEL for the fuel pump but that is a known issue due to the wiring differences of the USDM and JDM cars. You can cancel that code in DSMLink V3 and then just forget about it. If you are running a Cyclone manifold you will either need to swap it out or find an alternative way to operate it since there is no Cyclone controller board in the 1G DSMs. You can operate it off boost using a boost actuator from a turbo or from one of the spare outputs from the DSMLink using a solenoid.

Other than that it works fine. I have a 1G DSM ECU in my other Galant running DSMLink V2.5

Paul.

Okey thanks for the info /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif .

My intake manifold does not have cyclone written on it but it might be the same thing ?

CIMG2748.jpg

stevep

Quoting cheekychimp:
You will throw a CEL for the fuel pump but that is a known issue due to the wiring differences of the USDM and JDM cars. You can cancel that code in DSMLink V3 and then just forget about it.

Or he can connect ECU pin 13 to the output of the MPI relay for the fuel pump.

fuel

your VR-4 should have 510cc injectors and an Evolution specific AFM which I am unsure how the 1G ECU will cope given it's expecting 450cc injectors and the standard AFM.

alansupra94

Well wouldn't a DSMLink fix that problem anyways?

He would be running a speed density setup right?

tayschells13

i'll chip in to confirm that what you're asking works, i currently am running one in my setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned