The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1501/2000

hey guys just gonna give some pics of the car rebuilding the head as we speak any one have input on the kinda head studs and headgasket to use also valves stock power just getting it to run good while i build another motor

AnotherNewb

ARP studs, can never go wrong. Cometic or FACTORY MLS head gasket. Don't bother with Ebay gasket kits. Clean car. Looks like 1947 did when she was brought home.

AnotherNewb

I just noticed that this isn't a sunroof car... Bummers... If your after market CD player doesn't fit right you can usually find a factory trim piece to make everything look right. Just keep your eyes open for people parting cars out.

steve

Sunroof = a lot of weight way up at the highest point in the car.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AnotherNewb

Yeah, but the weight can be offset through the use of racing stickers and seat belt pads that say R-TYPE. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ktmrider

Quoting AnotherNewb:
Yeah, but the weight can be offset through the use of racing stickers and seat belt pads that say R-TYPE.

Only works on Honduhs tho...
Looking good, hope you get on top of all the issues soon!

Barnes

So how did you finally end up determining that you had bent valves? Did you guys redo the t-belt and check compression? Use a bore scope? Or just pull the head and do an inspection?

pulled the head. so i think iam going to buy a members head for 250 he says all is good i just wanna get it running.

Diego

Well I got a hg 4 layer cosmetic I bought off kyrger thought I needed to redue timing but wasn't the actual problem, ill let it go for what I paid for it, its still in the factory plastic...

AnotherNewb

Don't forget to take your time and replace the valve seals while the head is off.

Did you figure out what happened to bend the valves?

Nice ride. Whites the fastest color you know.

Quoting Anothernewb:
looks like 1947 did
1947 was a little cleaner bro. No offense jdm2k1, yours is still nice.

Quoting Steve:
all that weight up high.

I wouldn't trade the luxury of having the moon roof for the little bit of weight loss for nothing. Of course 1947 is a DD also, not a strip car.

thanks guys i dtermined it was off time just intake valves are bent but i wanna just get a rebuilt head for it pm me about a price on that head gasket.

AnotherNewb

Quoting Dbossman:

Quoting Anothernewb:
looks like 1947 did
1947 was a little cleaner bro. No offense jdm2k1, yours is still nice.

Everyone thinks their baby is cuter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck on the head swap. Side note, your front bumper should be painted black on the front where the slats go in. Some tape and spray paint out to fix that. It makes a big difference on USDM bumpers and it will look factory again.

What makes a difference to me on USDM bumpers is the thing cut out with a nice FM mounted up in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
On a serious note though, it would look better painted black like OEM

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes it is 1051 one backwards never noticed that. And to let you know the pic of 1051 without the hood in your driveway is my background lol. Beautiful car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts