The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

lip pic

Quoting chrisb33:
This lip strikes me. Dont know if it's the same thing as previously posted here. Im going to have it custom made.

pics soon when done.

chris b

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Do you know what that "lip" is? It is the trim piece that goes under the headlights and grille painted black and riveted on. I bought that bumper and put it on 1439. Beforehand, however I promptly threw that piece away.

GeorgeBillings

Lol
photo8.jpg

turbowop

Quoting chrisb33:
jay g.

why did you throw it away? i love how it looks!

chris b

Looks good from the front, but it doesn't extend down the sides of the bumper correctly which looks lame, IMO.

BoostedAWD91

Quoting GVR4ZUM:
Is this it?

I love that bumper with the lip, wish someone would get some lips produced

BoostedAWD91

does anyone have a lip that would send to 386-Customs who makes carbon fiber pieces and he said he would love to produce some CF Lips and pieces for the Galant guys. Im waiting to hear back from him on a price estimate. He said he would just charge for the materials

boostx

Ok this is the deal. On getting it made from urethane is not looking good ( slim to none).I can get it made form Carbon fiber or the fiberglass.
How many would be intreted in have made from CF or the fiberglass.I have no pricing yet but the CF will cost more that the fiberglass.

DarkDevilMMM

I am sure the next 5-10 posts will consist this: depends on the difference between the price of CF and FG.

Everything sold on this site is based on price, the lower it is, the faster it will sell. I personally like a CF, I am sure most does. But if that's a $100 different for a $200 lip, then I rather have FG. I am sure you get the idea.

BoostedAWD91

i got a price quote from 386 Customs to re-produce them in carbon fiber would be about $100 each which is a good price. He just needs one to use to make a copy of

Tre3zy

is this only for the JDM bumper of the USDM too???

boostx

It should work for the JDM and USDM ones.

Here's a "lip" I picked up a while back for 305, thinking that with its aggressive angles it might be more than cosmetic (though it's nearly a perfect fit and I think would look pretty mean). It's pretty substantial, but I think it's made of some kind of urethane as it has some give to it. It's a little unusual in that it's a 3 piece design, but once bolted together there's no play in the corners (there's some bracing behind the joint). Any one know what it came off of?

Tre3zy

Quoting Boostx:
It should work for the JDM and USDM ones.

thinkin about it i might look a lil funny on the usdm bumper.... iono till you see it in person....

BoostedAWD91

i think more people with the usdm bumpers will want the lips than the JDM bumpers since they are alot more plain. anyone have a lip that want to donate so we can get this rolling?

thecman02

once i see this final product on a usdm front bumper i'll be on this like flys on $h.....

THEKID

i want me one of these lips for 416

14u2nV

Are you guys planning on anything for the sideskirts when you do this? To me, it looks funny having the front lip lower than the rest of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Id still like to see the lip but ^ is right, cars look funny when the front lip hangs lower then the rest of the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned