The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Front Lip....Need San Diego GVR4 owner with JDM front bumper

4Grim

I ordered a front lip from a 94-96 DC2 USDM Integra as I got in contact with a GVR4 owners overseas and showed me a guy fabricated a DC2 integra lip to fit.

I have spent 2 days on positioning and mounting the lip, but I had to cut it since the JDM galant bumpers (either the RS or regular front bumpers) are longer length wise compared to the integra bumpers. I decided to cut the lip down the middle and go on with the fabricating.
image062rw7up2dl5.jpg

Now I am at a crossroads on what to do now. I like the "split" lip look that I have it now..I cut a slight angle inline with one of the lower RS bumper vents to give it more of visual appeal.

Its either leaving it the way it is or maybe fill in the gap and make the lip uniformed. I have access to a plastic welder and I can get urethane pieces from old front/rear bumper covers from my dealer to fill in the gap. What do you guys think? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/idea.gif

Other than that..the 94-96 DC2 integra lip is probably the best lip to fit on the JDM bumpers. The shape is almost identical..the only thing is the length. The fitment of the corners are almost perfect.

Last edited:

464/2K

looks good. maybe find another lip and hack the middle out and weld in the new section.

rheckert

I think I would fill it in. Otherwise it kind of looks half assed. The corners look like they fit real well. Good work.

dewman

i wonder if an EG or EK sir lip would fit? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

Putting honda parts on your galant is worse than what AlphaMale did /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif

cheekychimp

Quote:
looks good. maybe find another lip and hack the middle out and weld in the new section.

Or maybe a scoop/vent bondo'd in with ducts off to cool brakes or a small oil cooler /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/devil.gif

Haters! /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif I like the look. You still have some trimming to do to the middle of the grill area to allow more flow to your IC. Looks good with that lip though!

boostx

i would love to see it in person to compare notes..

4Grim

Quote:
i like it alot, looks great. i would like to get a lip to if i can ever find one

The lip is from a DC2 Integra 94-96...you can get them on Ebay for $45 shipped all day long.

Quote:
i would love to see it in person to compare notes

That would be cool...If I am on the side town. I might be making a trip on that side hopefully soon.

Still indecisive about what I am going to do. I am thinking of overlaying the lip with C/F or a Fiberglass weave (Looks like C/F) if I decide to make the lip uniformed.

boostx

+1 ^
And thats what i did to mine

BoostedAWD91

would the lip from a DC2 Integra 94-96 fit on our stock bumpers or do they only fit on the jdm bumpers?

steve

Quote:
Buy another lip & use it to fill the gap.

+1

looks really great man

Im normally not a fan of lips, but I'll admit it looks pretty good /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

IncorpoRatedX

Quote:
i wonder if an EG or EK sir lip would fit? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/dunno.gif

Putting honda parts on your galant is worse than what AlphaMale did /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/rofl.gif

What did I do that's so sacrilegious??

4Grim

Ok gentlemen....bringing a post I had from the dead.

I have a friend that does alot of custom work but majority for 8th gen Galants. He owned the white 8th gen with a Evo 4G63 swap and all the custom C/F pieces he made with alot of authentic JDM pieces and was featured on Modified mag. Anways...I have talked to him about making a lip for us JDM bumper owners from the lip I fabricated.

From the pics above I was able to fabricate the lip to fit almost perfectly with my problem with the gap in the middle since the lip wasn't long enough to wrap around the bumper.

I am going to donate my fabbed lip and some measurements and see if my friend can make a complete finished front lip for the JDM bumper owners in either FB or C/F. I am seeing who would be seriously interested to give him a idea if its worth his time to produce it for us.

thecman02

I don't have a jdm front bumper yet, but I'll be watching this thread closely. I think one of the first questions asked would be how much would it run for?

4Grim

Well ballpark price will be up shortly after I talk to him on what he thinks.

Urethane is going to be hard since he produces the product himself. A machine to make molds in urethane is not cheap I am sure of. Its either going to be F/B or C/F

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned