The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

CX Racing AFPR ??

Has anyone used this brand before? I see the kit advertised on DSM Graveyard but idk how credible they are.
Nor could I find the results I wanted via the search option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Everybody uses the Aeromotive setup typically which is what this kit resembles,
The only difference between the two really is the price.
This ones much more affordable, however I'd feel more comfortable making my decision based on other's experiences.
Heres a link to the site :
click

Im looking to run a 20g with some nice lopey cams, I already have 680cc injectors and a warlboro 255.
Thanks in advance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Adorsey

Do you have a Ecu chip for a certain fuel pressure? Or a type of engine mangement system that allows you to change base fuel pressure? If not this part would be just for looks. The stock fpr @ 37psi is fine for any car running an Evo3 turbo to its limits. Just to let you know.

Also, a automatic elantra has a 43psi fpr. Could probably find one at a scrap yard somewhere.

good luck

Jason G.

Quoting Adorsey:
Do you have a Ecu chip for a certain fuel pressure? Or a type of engine mangement system that allows you to change base fuel pressure? If not this part would be just for looks. The stock fpr @ 37psi is fine for any car running an Evo3 turbo to its limits. Just to let you know.

A 255 fp will over run the stock fpr.

I would look for a used Aeromotive or a Fuel Lab regulator.

I'm a little too impatient for craigslist plus mad ppl are sketchy on that so I'll pass on that idea, thanks though

As far as fuel managment via the ECM, I forgot to mention that I ordered a SAFC with palm datalogger off a forum member last week so once that stuff gets here ill be ok.

Ive been considering the Fuel Lab one too but i save a substantial amount of $$ with this cx racing one so Im just tryin to compare it but it seems like nobodys tried it. Bummer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

blackvr4

Thats the one I just put on my 3000GT VR-4, seems to work just like my aeromotive in the talon, and my fuelab in the galant. No leaks, nothing wierd about it, hard to tell between the aeromotive one and the CX racing one

alansupra94

Quoting childsVR4:
I'm a little too impatient for craigslist plus mad ppl are sketchy on that so I'll pass on that idea, thanks though

As far as fuel managment via the ECM, I forgot to mention that I ordered a SAFC with palm datalogger off a forum member last week so once that stuff gets here ill be ok.

Ive been considering the Fuel Lab one too but i save a substantial amount of $$ with this cx racing one so Im just tryin to compare it but it seems like nobodys tried it. Bummer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

*shrug* I have nothing but good experiences with craigslist and saves me a ton of money. All you need is a brain and common sense and you are all set.

Last edited:

Awesome I think Im gunna buy it then saves me a good 100$ and its supposed to be good up to 100psi. My problem with craigslist isnt so much the time involved but the fact that i personally knew two kids who would use craiglist ads to steal things off cars, they steal wheels, parts etc., Simply by entertaining a sale and going to the seller/buyers location after speaking with them over the phone and i def do not want anyone near my girl.

Thanks for all your feedback /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

beaner

Obvious Aeromotive knockoff is obvious.

CXRacing = Ebay racing. If you're going to buy that you might as well go on ebay and get the exact same thing for less.

alansupra94

^^^^

But he doesn't want to deal with shadiness.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

In all seriousness though, it you are trying to do a budget build, you really should consider craigslist. You don't even want to know how much it cost me to rebuild my Galant (Barnes knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

I have not personally run a CX Racing AFPR, but I have run some CX Racing parts on my SR20DET 240SX and was very happy with the quality. For the price, the parts can't be beat in my opinion.

boostin4door

I run a CXRacing fmic and its good quality[polished cast endtanks,bar & plate core] w/zero issues. I run a Aeromotive fpr & have no experience with the CXRacing fpr.
Looks like a good setup from DSMgraveyard. I would def try it out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned