The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

881/1000 - My New GVR4

DynastyLCD

IMAG0147_zps879ad546.jpg

It's been awhile since I updated. Things have been going alright. Been DDing the car since I put it all together, finally got a grille for it and she got new wheels. 18x9" Rotas.... Got them for a steal. I stuck em on last night. The suspension is rear AGX's, front GR-2's, 2g rear strut tops, and 1g AWD Megan springs. Lemme know what you guys think!

transparentdsm

Looks good Phil, glad to see shes still kicking it strong. i love the rims on there and think it looks awesome, but how bad are you rubbing? the rears look like they will slam around a bit. and do the front rub when you turn?? it looks like so much rim tucked under there.. are you going to fender flare it?? thats what i was thinking of doing to get bigger rims on my car next summer. once i get my suspension figured out 100%

DynastyLCD

Shane - thanks man! The rears rub over bumps but only if I hit them fast. Fronts can't go lock to lock on the rack. I was considering rolling the fenders and calling it a day. Evo 8 wheels will probably go back on, and these will most likely be sold. If I had all the suspension work done thats in my 1g, I'd probably keep them.

Brett - I honestly don't know. There's decent gap in between the tire and the pinch weld on the rear subframe. I was prepared to grind them down, but never had to.

GSTwithPSI

The car definitely has a tough looking stance. It sucks you only have springs right now. With set of coilovers you could bring the car up a little, and I think the wheels would fit better. Either way though, I think you would end up having to do a roll in the rear at least. The pics show that damn VR4 stagger, where the rears are tucked slightly more than the fronts. I hate how the VR4 does that. With a 5mm spacer in the rear to bring all 4 corners flush, there's no way the rear wheels would clear at your current ride height.

Definitely a great look though, Phil. I love the Evo 8 wheels on the car, but the Rotas look great as well. I'm glad I'm not you, because I'd have to keep both sets!

P.S. On the topic of wheels, the Work Meister S1s on your Z are beautiful.

DynastyLCD

Those work wheels and the Z are a friend's ride. I could never afford what he's got into that thing! Thanks for the compliments Brett, the problem now is me, I just can't come up with the cash to do what I did to my 1g. Coilovers, upper adjustable control arms, jay racing toe eliminator, poly subframe bushings, I would love to do it all but I just can't spit up the cash for it.

I also forgot to mention, two weekends ago I rebuilt the whole front end. New control arms and sway links, new inner and outer tie rods, and I got a front subframe from a friend to redo as well. For prep, I wire wheeled the entire thing, then painted it, and undercoated the bottom half. While the front subframe was out, I cleaned the metal behind it throughly, and undercoated from there all the way back. The last thing I need to do, is pull out the rear subframe and free the trailing arms. But for now, the alignment is good.

GSTwithPSI

I can totally understand, that's probably the boat most people fall into. I know I'd like to do a million things to my car, if only I had a million dollars to do them. The Evo 8 wheels look awesome on the VR4 though, so at least you have a nice alternative. Plus, you have enough other nice goodies on the car to keep you occupied for a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

DynastyLCD

New years update! Making a few changes to the car. Changing some things around and tackling some projects this winter. So far I bought:

AFCO radiator
Shane's huge FMIC
FPred
Ingalls rear control arms
Stock block + parts to build it up
3 gauge radio bezel

Projects to undertake immediately:

Pull down rear subframe, reseal differential, unsieze rear trailing arms to properly align and install ingalls
Remove and fix front bumper and support, mount new FMIC, figure out piping
Mount AFCO radiator, fit new radiator hoses
Finish rebuilding stock block, swap engines
Replace downpipe or flex section
Remove methanol injection kit

A few friends helped me fabricate and weld my exhaust setup so I'm no longer running a straight pipe! I've got the vibrant 3" in dual 3" tips flat black muffler and I love it. Once I fix my downpipe leak I can give a better review.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned