The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just got my QuarterMaster Twin Disk.

The people at MA Perfomance hooked it up. They got it shipped out me fast as hell.

Here are the pics.
IMG0123jpg_1556795_510.jpg

IMG0124jpg_1556796_510.jpg

IMG0125jpg_1556797_510.jpg

IMG0125jpg_1556799_510.jpg

IMG0125jpg_1556800_510.jpg

IMG0125jpg_1556801_510.jpg

IMG0125jpg_1556802_510.jpg

IMG0125jpg_1556803_510.jpg

IMG0125jpg_1556804_510.jpg

GIjoe

wow dude, thats a really nice piece!

Sean92AWD

Any reason you chose quartermaster over the powertrain technologies clutch?

onesickcrx

I will be getting same one when I buy my Shep stage 4 I have heard good things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Dthumb.gif Looks like you got it from mapeformance on there crazey sale judgeing by the flywheel?

curtis

Check check and recheck everything before you install. If the engine isn't fresh drop the crank and install a new thrust. I didn't and it cost me two new disks and the car being down forever. With the trans removed all you lack is the oil pan rear seal and main caps.....you don't have to completely remove the crank to change the bearings.

Ways to tell if the thrust is worn
-to many years of act2600's etc
-you get a clunk cluck when you touch the gas and let off
-physically inspect by having some one push on the clutch and taking a piece of wood against the front crank pulley and the front frame and pushing on it to check movement.

Use the Isuzu slave cylinder and inspect the release movements and make sure the fork isn't touching the pressure plate top bolts.
Also inspect and check the pedal assembly for any play.

Than after install inspect once a week and make sure you don't have any play in the system.

As for driving call autozone and make sure they have both front axles in stock (lifetime warranty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)and start looking for a 4 bolt rear. I broke the drivers front axle when the clutch had 16 miles on it and then a rear drivers and diff at about 100 miles. These things don't play if your engine is putting out 300 ft lbs of torque 300 is hitting the ground violently. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

MAP are good people. Their shop is 10 miles from me.

Their 4g64 rx7 is insane as well.

When I pull the trans I am going to get the center diff welded, and then I am going to start turning up the boost. It is time for some race gas and some real power. I have been so afraid of blowing up my trans that I have been super gental on the car. So once the teeth finally get stripped off the trans I will get that built. I also need to find some spare transfer cases. The car is Mid 400awhp on pump gas, and I am going for low 500 on pump, and race gas should be in the 650-700 range.

I have 15 gallons of Q16 just sitting at home waiting for this stuff to go on.

Thanks for the info about the cluch.

CarRacer

Quoting gixxer:
MAP are good people. Their shop is 10 miles from me.

Their 4g64 rx7 is insane as well.

I had a bad experience buying parts from them. If it's not in stock, be wary. Also, the average age of the "techs" is about 19. I wouldn't let them wrench on my wheelbarrow.

Their RX7 is an interesting car though. Too bad it hasn't run a time it can yet.

As for the clutch, nice purchase and have fun. I'm sure it's going on an interesting motor.

H05TYL

A mate has recently put one of these in his R32 GTR - did yours come with the bolts to hold the whole shebang together? his didn't.

It's um, interesting to drive with (much to the amusement of the local McDonalds drive-thru staff)

Brianawd

Quote:
Use the Isuzu slave cylinder

Using that slave on a QM is causing some engagement poblems. You can just stick with a stock one. Thats what I have been using for two years now.

Quote:
As for driving call autozone and make sure they have both front axles in stock (lifetime warranty )and start looking for a 4 bolt rear. I broke the drivers front axle when the clutch had 16 miles on it and then a rear drivers and diff at about 100 miles. These things don't play if your engine is putting out 300 ft lbs of torque 300 is hitting the ground violently.

There is somthing else going on if you are taking out that many things. Only thing I have broken with my QM and welded CD is ujoints and one rear axle from wheel hop.

Quote:
So once the teeth finally get stripped off the trans I will get that built

You would be better to build it now before it brakes. I stripped all the teeth off my 1st gear 3 years ago. It then took out the intermediate shaft. I got lucky because most of the time the teeth will get tossed into the CD and then shot out the bottom of the case.

Mine came with all the hardware, however it looks like it was not part of the QM Pressure Plate and Disks. It looks like all QM provides is just the PP and Disks, the Flywheel appears to be a Fidanza one, not a MAPerformance specific one, it appears to just be branded as there custom one. The hardware is just some off the shelf grade 8 hardware.

turbowop

I haven't broken anything with mine yet, but I also have yet to launch it at the track. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Don't forget you'll need to grind the fork to clear the bolt heads on the clutch cover.

curtis

Quoting TheBoz:
Mine came with all the hardware, however it looks like it was not part of the QM Pressure Plate and Disks. It looks like all QM provides is just the PP and Disks, the Flywheel appears to be a Fidanza one, not a MAPerformance specific one, it appears to just be branded as there custom one. The hardware is just some off the shelf grade 8 hardware.

The flywheel from Quartermaster is actually the flywheel made by Steve at PTT, He was the head engineer there before he went out on his own and now sells the flywheel to them.

Brianawd

Quote:
Don't forget you'll need to grind the fork to clear the bolt heads on the clutch cover.

His may be a newer on with the recessed bolts so you don't have to grind the clutch fork

Brianawd

Quote:
Those bolt heads don't look recessed to me, Brian.

Its hard to tell from in that pic if they are or not. The new onces are not recessed that much.

Quoting CarRacer:
the average age of the "techs" is about 19. I wouldn't let them wrench on my wheelbarrow.

Their RX7 is an interesting car though. Too bad it hasn't run a time it can yet.

They are definitely young guys, but in the few years they've been around they've got a 1g street car going high 9s on a tiny budget as well as a totally custom built (by these same young guys) rx7 running 9.1s@150+

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned