The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RRE Camber Plates

belize1334

I just got the word fromt the guys at RRE. They're willing to adapt their 1G camber plates to fit the GVR4. One of the guys there has one so they can just line it up on his and drill a different hole. They say the cost will be the same as listed on the site for the 1G.

Polish

Quote:
They say the cost will be the same as listed on the site for the 1G.

Which is $290 a pair on the website.

DailyDSM

Tein Camber plates are still available specific to GVR4s.

boostedinaz

Quote:
would you have any info on the pricing, I have been meaning to get some for my car or better yet get some evo 8 ones, hint hint...

I've got a whole suspension set up for sale with the older designed Road Race camber plates.

belize1334

Quote:
Tein Camber plates are still available specific to GVR4s.

Can you link them? I've looked but to no avail.

DailyDSM

Tein Pillow Ball Upper Mounts Front and Rear

Fronts: $160
Rears: $150

I've seen people selling them for $200+ used...

Purchased mine about 4 months ago and had no issues with wait times. Think they took about a week to arrive. I hope this helps a few people out as I know camber plates have been in high demand for years.

-Tim

belize1334

Awesome, thanks. BTW, are the Teins set up for a stock diameter strut top like KYBs or Konis?

atc250r

Staff member
No, the hole in the ball on Teins is too big so the strut's shaft can flop around. I used a tapered nut (kind of like a small acorn style lug nut) to center the shaft and hold it in place. It's been fine for thousands of miles now.

John

DailyDSM

My mounts actually came with a nut threaded for a standard strut (stock, KYB, etc) that fits inside the pillow ball pivot. I can take a picture if needed but it should come with a nut that allows you to use it with a standard strut thread/diameter.

-Tim

atc250r

Staff member
Hmmm. Maybe they make it then. I ordered set of those collared nuts from Tein but when they arrived they were for the Tein coilover type struts.

John

belize1334

Can we archive this post? I don't want that Tein link getting lost. Also it would be a nice quick link when people say, "what kind of suspension can I put on my galant."

DailyDSM

If this post is archived, here are the part numbers:

Front Mounts: PAR08-31PFR
Rear Mounts: PRR09-21S80

-Tim

G

Staff member
You can order them from any tein dealer. order them from Bimmubishi not horsebackorderpowercocks.

DailyDSM

Maybe he can get them but when I was looking for them about 6 months ago I found this post:

"tein dealers will not have the fronts in stock unless they're leftover. We go through this everytime. I had to wait more than 3 months for these."-Bimmubishi

This was his post from back in August, 2006 so this has probably changed. Based on the "leftover" statement, I had assumed that these parts were NLA from Tein so I started looking for alternative sources that still had them in stock and found HPF. Maybe Bimmubishi can chime in and let everyone know what the status of these are. I wouldn't mind giving a forum member business so I'll probably go through him if I decide to get rears.

-Tim

HPF doesn't stock those. They sourced them for you, either from Tein or a warehouse/dealer they use. Last I checked they were available to me right away.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quote:
My mounts actually came with a nut threaded for a standard strut (stock, KYB, etc) that fits inside the pillow ball pivot. I can take a picture if needed but it should come with a nut that allows you to use it with a standard strut thread/diameter.

-Tim

These Tein pieces are nice, and mine came with the proper threaded nut to fit the KYB AGX shaft exactly and fit in the ball. I bought mine from Bimmubishi (Dent Sport) as well, but when he advertised he had sets in stock.

spartan

Does anyone know if they would fit evo struts?

Armitage

No idea on the Teins, but I had no problems using my Hotbits camber plates (which are available about around the same price as the Teins) with the OEM Evo8 struts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings