The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ZR-4 mean?

fuel

^^ no that doesn't make sense. The ZR-4 was released in 1988, after the VR-4 was released in 1987. Both on the same chassis though the Eterna has some changes to the body (lower roof line, more sloping windscreen etc).

ktmrider

^^ Ok the intra-year body/chassis changes could be the indicator for Zenki then, not Early transration I found.

RedTwo

Quoting curtis:
Mitsubishi

You had me at "Hello"! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GT-R V-Spec is for victory. Sentra V-spec? Dunno, Virgin spec? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

raptorWagon

In case we all need a refresher of the ZR-4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
07032010151.jpg

EgonOlsen

Quoting ktmrider:
To confirm the VR-4 info here are some pics from one of my JAS trips:

I also looked up other makes' "V" usage, for instance Nissan's V-Spec GTR or Spec-V Sentra loosely stands for Victory. So taken into transration from Japanese V or Z could be anything LOL.

Well that sign dont confirn anything about why its called VR-4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I dont trust a sign that cant spell Galant right either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway as you see on my GTI side signs, Active-4 where on non VR-4s as well

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned