The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1988 VR-4 photos sought

Hi,

Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car is in search of photos of an '88 Galant VR-4 (or Eterna ZR-4) for a story on sporting cars now importable into the US. I cannot offer compensation, but we would credit you to your preference and send you a couple of copies of the April issue.

If anyone has anything they could contribute, please let me know. We need print quality, at least 1000px or better, or 3" at 300dpi, preferably a stock-appearing exterior shot.

Thank you,
Dave

David B. Traver Adolphus
Associate Editor, Hemmings Motor News
www.hemmings.com
222 Main Street, Bennington, VT 05201
[email protected]
802-447-9615
802-447-9678 fax

Read 'em all:
Hemmings Motor News - Hemmings Classic Car - Hemmings Muscle Machines - Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car - The Hemmings Blogs at blog.hemmings.com - Hemmings Daily at www.hemmings.com

G

Staff member
How about a video? click

Oh man, he does not make driving that look easy. It's always unsettled.

I'll PM misterfixit, thank you.

G

Staff member
lol

fuel

Check here click for the brochures of pre-facelift '87 and '88 models.

rdomeck

Quoting proscriptus:
Oh man, he does not make driving that look easy. It's always unsettled.

I'll PM misterfixit, thank you.

Not exactly the best driver...... You don't wait till your in a turn and then yank the wheel! Looks like he was trying to spin it.

fuel

^^ it's called agressive weight shift. You also see he's hard on the brakes just immediately before he yanks the wheel - this is putting most the weight onto the front outside wheel to obtain more grip but also at the same time lifts a bit of extra weight off the rear which reduces enough grip to have the tail sliding around and to get a bit of over-steer - if you didn't do this you would have lots and lots of understeer. It's obvious the driver was a professional race car driver with the way he was throwing it around the track like that. I only wish I understood Japanese to hear what he was saying.

I had a go at that technique in my nearly 100% stock VR-4 last time I was at the track and had positive results, previously I was only able to get it understeer going into corners and then sledge and pushing the tyres wide powering out of corners.

fuel

Had a Japanese friend translate what the driver was saying:

"When the rear slides out the 4ws stops the rear from sliding out so i can accurate and turn at tue same time and it will still go foward ,
This car handles how 4wd should handle"

James

Oh sh*t. Now everyone will be reinstalling the 4WS back into their street cars

rdomeck

Never had the opportunity to do aggressive weight shifting. Guess I will get to try that out this summer.....

misterfixit

I will have a look and see what I have. Mine is an 1988 model year JDM car.

I took a couple of pics when it was stock on the way back from collecting it in Sheffield.
It dindn't stay looking '88 for long though.

I'll also have a look and see what i can find from general pics from about the place of '88 cars.

Rich

batanga

I have some pictures of my 88 VR4-RS, If that helps shoot me a pm and I'll send you a few.

cheers

EDIT: just realised how old this is, i presume its been and gone. sorry for reviving an old post.

Last edited:

4orced4door

I guess the soundtrack to our cars is officially "Boys" now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts