The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Worth parting or try to get driving?

Daddybahr

So just bought a storage unit with a 1992 galant vf4. No engine or tyranny. Looking like it's hard to find either of em. Would it be worth my time and money to keep looking or just part the rest out.

20230930_183914.jpg

20230930_152103.jpg

20230930_152051.jpg

20230930_152130.jpg

20230930_152043.jpg

20230930_152033.jpg

ggsxkid

I mean if it's a clean chassis it's not worth parting out. It's gonna take time and might be hard to find all the parts. But if your not willing to go through with the rebuild you might want to try your best to sell that shell to someone who will. Just remember you can use a lot of parts engine and trans wise from 1g DSM's as well.

Daddybahr

I mean if it's a clean chassis it's not worth parting out. It's gonna take time and might be hard to find all the parts. But if your not willing to go through with the rebuild you might want to try your best to sell that shell to someone who will. Just remember you can use a lot of parts engine and trans wise from 1g DSM's as well.
I'll look into that TY.
Otherwise I'd rather sell it as it is to someone who has the time and can get her on the road

gvr4ever

If the bottom of the car is as clean and rust free as the engine bay, that is a very good thing. Even if you don't bring it back, I'm sure someone can. As far as value goes, they seem to be all over the place. Bad or rusty examples go really cheap, but not too many clean sorted examples come up very often.

Looks like the car is full of parts. Not sure what the active aero package is on top of the trunk. Something from a 3kGT VR4? I'd start by doing an inventory and post pictures of the bottom of the car.

Daddybahr

If the bottom of the car is as clean and rust free as the engine bay, that is a very good thing. Even if you don't bring it back, I'm sure someone can. As far as value goes, they seem to be all over the place. Bad or rusty examples go really cheap, but not too many clean sorted examples come up very often.

Looks like the car is full of parts. Not sure what the active aero package is on top of the trunk. Something from a 3kGT VR4? I'd start by doing an inventory and post pictures of the bottom of the car.
He had another unit with a 3000 gt vr4. I'm betting my parts were in there cause I got a lot of the 3k parts in mine

Daddybahr

It is very clean. Came from Washington state. Not much rust at all

Daddybahr

Most the engine is in the trunk. Missing the block though. Otherwise almost no rust underneath. It's super clean. I think we are 70% thinking of getting it on the road. I'm so excited

CharvelGrinder

Would be nice to see you get it on the road. Especially if there is minimal rust. Cruise the classifieds here or over on dsmtuners. Eventually you can piece what you need to get it together. Did you happen to see if the number badge was on the dash? You might find some history on it here perhaps.

Last edited:

noglets

Nice find! Currently going through the same thing with finding a drivetrain for mine. Best bet would be to look around for a 1g gsx or tsi at junkyards. Around here you can get a full drivetrain for less than $1k.

Daddybahr

We are looking ATM. I think if someone wants to buy at 3k as it is we'd sell it but otherwise we'll try and get it running

Daddybahr

I think we found an engine for 3k and a tyranny for 1400.00. Just gotta get it all together and pull the trigger. Time is the bad part. Hectic time of year at the shop.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned