The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wing for the one lap team. done with pictures and shipped

belize1334

It seems like, now that you have it installed, the only issue is determining the proper pitch to get the most benefit without creating too much drag. You could presumably employ your streamers again and watch the airflow over the wing. You'd want to find a trade-off between getting the wind to come up off the wing as much as possible (thus creating the most downforce) and having the streamers follow a relatively smooth path (since turbulence is drag). I'd just put some streamers on there and steadily increase the angle until they become erratic and then back it off just a touch.

curtis

Done going to ship
Stuck it izze01's mustang , which should it be... front middle or rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GIjoe

OMG!! WOW man, thats truly a work of art! NICE!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

GreenGSX

Quoting curtis:
Done going to ship
Stuck it izze01's mustang , which should it be... front middle or rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Once again, Curtis you've gone too far! That is amazing. I can only imagine what you could have done if I gave you more then a day to turn it around. .

That is beautiful Curtis. Do you work as a machinist/fabricator, or just do it strictly on the side?

izze01

oh and sorry tim for calling and asking the off the wall question. figured it would catch u of guard.

Last edited:

GreenGSX

First off the wing is awesome and Curtis you never cease to amaze me. I can only imagine what you could have done it I had given you more then just one day to turn this around.

Today has been really, really crazy. A fuel injector o-ring split and spray fuel all over while I was taking my daughter to day-care this morning. I thought we were both going to go up in flames. After getting my daughter out of the car and into daycare and guy stopped buy to see if I needed a ride. Turns out he used to own a VR4 in Europe while in Greece and his Father moved there and now has it in a garage all safe and sound. There are VR-4 lovers out there you just have to break down to find them.

Nice work Curtis and Thanks again,

Tim

Ralli380Gvr4

Tim, that's Scary. I'm glad everyone is safe.

Holy crap Curt, that looks good. I'm diggin' the custom engraved wing ends.
You are the "De Vinci" of gvr4 custom parts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

I'm really looking forward to seeing that thing on the VR-4. Looks like the One Lap team is going to Downforce city /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited:

Olson

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing that thing on the VR-4. Looks like the One Lap team is going to Downforce city

Now she need more power!!!!!!

curtis

Quoting blue642:
That is beautiful Curtis. Do you work as a machinist/fabricator, or just do it strictly on the side?

Its like this I've seen it and done it all since I was a kid. Apache crewcheif in the army, tech rep for locktite/martin on Ft Campbell then the contract ended so I worked a few years on an airfield, wrenched on anything that come in one day I might be doing an interior on a cessna next day I might be filing the blades on a turbo prop then went back to school and ended up with two engineering concentrations, started checking on jobs around here and they pay squat sh*t so I bought a cnc mill, do stuff on here for members and for the locals and fling stuff on ebay. My whole life I've done car stuff actually while I was in the Army I made more money on the weekends than I did playing Sergent. Worked on and built nasty GN's, GT40's, cobras, bikes boats and even helped hot rod a commanche 260 airplane which is way not legal.

Pays the bills and I'd much rather hand out popsicles in the afternoon to my daugther and the neighborhood kids than play office politics and put up with bullcrap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gets old sometimes cause it kills a good hobby, usually the last thing I want to do is work on my own stuff when I do have free time. Use to think it would be so cool to have a mill now I have one and yet to make myself anything with it. Out of the 100+ gauge panels I've cut I still don't have one.

So i guess my life is a side job fabricating /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RedTwo

Is that 100 MPH tape or the cheap 98 MPH tape? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Can I spend all day just hanging out in your shop?

....then act like I built everything when people ask? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

cheekychimp

Quote:

Been there, done that ... still waiting on the t-shirt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Come to think of it most of the stuff in Curtis' shop IS mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Curtis shoot me a PM. We need a plan. I know you need your shop back. I figure we need to ship what is done so you have space to work on what isn't.

Paul.

nrvous

The work brings a tear to my eye.
Let me know when the first curtis run class on intro to cnc machining starts. I will sign up to learn from the master any day. You have a gift my friend and I am probably somewhat lucky you don't live closer because I may never leave the garage.

Thank you...again
Stephen

curtis

Glad you both like it, I'm glad I built it plug and play because yesterday the website said 2 to 3 days I just looked and they said delivery date is April 27....That's Tuesday so we cut it close. Looks like someones going to be wrenching Tuesday night.

I really wanted to build it different and what I envisioned was the way it is except you could pull a pin and then replace pin in a different spot and the wing would layback further in different spot until the wing was perfectly flat with the trunk for drag racing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Maybe later in the years you guys can replace the adjusters with linear actuators and have it cockpit controlled, I still think the system from a 3000gt VR4 or Crossfire would work just finding one is the hard part

rgeier11

I hope you get the results you are looking for. As for my personal opinion, it doesn't flatter my taste.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The end plates are the coup de grace. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Nice job, Curtis. I too like the nice touch with the one lap vr4 engraved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

steve

Quoting cheekychimp:
Quote:

Been there, done that ... still waiting on the t-shirt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

+1 !!!
Truly awesome Curtis. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

boosted_85

excellent job curtis, makes the wing look 10x better than when I shipped it out to you. Sorry for only giving you 2 days for finish the pylons.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts