The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wing for the one lap team. done with pictures and shipped

curtis

No problem man. It was a big push and really wanted to do something crazy with them but there stable and have some adjustment to them so hopefully this will push the guys higher up the ladder.

I will give you a big public /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif wing was super sweet, only thing I've ever messed with even close to that was aircraft parts. Reminded me of the shape of an Apache tail rotor blade and noticed the shape was uniform all the way across. That's not easy to do I know on something 5 feet long.

Lots of times you see parts that are carbon fiber and the part doesn't have the proper lay or is wavy or twisted. This thing was perfect looked like it was a solid model from a drawing cut on a big dollar cnc mill.

You sir have serious skills. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:

curtis

Arrived at FedEx location SYRACUSE, NY

You should have it tomorrow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GreenGSX

I've been checking it every hour or so for the last couple of days. We are having a couple of extra hands in the shop tomorrow night to help get it painted and on the car.

curtis

Remember it needs a doubler to be stable at speed.

Quoting 3of1000:
Nice job, Curtis. I too like the nice touch with the one lap vr4 engraved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

x2. Awesome work

curtis

From Fed ex ..........Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

Get home and do work son.

Tre3zy

^ lol!!!!!

GreenGSX

Quoting curtis:
From Fed ex ..........Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

Get home and do work son.

will do...

GreenGSX

It is here and it is bad-a$$ that is for sure. The pylons look great and if you are around tonight Curtis I will give you a call to talk about the support under the wing.

GreenGSX

Steve and I worked tonight to peal the rest of the stickers off the car and to paint/mount the wing. We decided to go with white because it fit the paint scheme better then black. Once it was mounted it took me a second to get used to it but every time I took a peak at it I liked it more and more. The car just looks mean and with the front splitter on its going to look nasty.

I wish there was more drama to write about but Curtis is the man. The pylons fit the car and the wing fit the pylons. It was too easy. Here are some pictures from tonight. I'll get some more tomorrow in the light of the day.

Last edited:

curtis

I like it and the angle of attack on the wing looks close. It was hard to really tell on mine nothing but a shell so the nose is up in the air. Can't wait to see it with the splitter up front in a 50ft away shot. You guys did good with the white paint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Just wish you guys had a track day before you leave to get the splitter and the wing dialed in. A thin pressure sensor under the wing mounts would help but no time to score one this late in the game. Maybe a few on ramps on the interstate could help at 120 plus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

GreenGSX

I forgot to add a few photo's where I highlighted the logo in red. I didn't want all that hard work to fade into the background. I went back and forth for the last couple of days worrying about how to paint the wing so I am glad you like it. I think it fits the "Works Rally" theme pretty well.

curtis

Ok..... how did you do the red?

GreenGSX

The red is easy. Just get a toothpick and go to town. Just kidding.

I used rattle can high temp engine paint which is what I had on hand. To put it on all I did was spray it into a shop rag and then I wiped the color into the logo. I let it set for a few seconds and then wiped the excess off with isopropyl alcohol. It takes a couple of coats but the key is the IPA which wont spal the polycarbonate. Still needs a few more coats to get it even but I like how the it makes the logo pop.

curtis

Better living through chemistry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

curtis

Oh one more thing I talked to a plastics engineer on the phone one day when I was looking for some thicker stuff for a project and he said that lab grade dicloromethane (spelling) will take the mill marks out of lexan /acyclics when there's edge cuts and even pocket cuts without changing the overall shape. It just attacks the loose pieces and rough edges and melts them down. He said just pour it on a rag or straight on it work fast and dunk in fresh water. Makes the part look like its cast. Even will take out scratches that aren't to deep. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Haven't tried it yet but sounds like it maybe a good thing.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Why is there a Subaru in the driveway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Terry Posten

That subie looks really jealous. I bet it breaks down on you soon for all the time, love, and attention you give the mighty Mitsu.

GreenGSX

Quoting iceman69510:
Why is there a Subaru in the driveway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ask Steve...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned