The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

will an safc help me with fuel cut

steve

There will be pics in VFAQ.

Need more info on your mods.
For example, are you still on stock injectors, was the ecu chipped? You just might be getting crazy knock if the ecu was chipped & the factory boost gauge is set to now read knock instead of boost (very common mod when chipped). Talk with the previous owner to see if the ecu had work done to it.

yeti

from everything i can find out is on this website or i just search 1292/2000 i dont have any contact with previous owner
THERES A ecu for a 97-98 gsx eclipse on craigslist should i buy it and test it on my car?

yeti

Injectors are bluetop 450cc injectors with a single spray nozzle instead of double

So I'm preety sure the stock injectors is not good to stil have with a 16g
Or is that fine?

The car used to have an safc don't Know if that means anything

KiNgMaRtY

No, for plug and play you need a 91-94 DSM Turbo ECU.

You should be fine with the 16g as long as the boost isn't set too high as you are with stock injectors and untuned. As mentioned before, get a boost gauge so you know how much boost you are running. You can then rule out if that's an issue.

Does the car have a boost controller on it?

The fitting to recirculate your HKS BOV is only about $10 to $15 plus just going to a local autoparts store and finding a hose that will match your routing for the air to vent back into the intake

Last edited:

Have you had a chance to pull the ECU & open it up to see if it has been modified?

yeti

No I havnt pulled the ecu could that mess anything up by disconnecting battery and then pull ecu and open then just reverse?......and how could I tell if its modded

And no it does not have a boost controller
I have a greddy profec boost controller though is that worth installing

And I'm not sure how to hook up boost gauge I have one though

Also it might just be the alternator as someone said that should be done by fri.

What the hell is the turbo hair thing all about?

and some people should not mod cars!!!

Good luck with build looks like you got a car with mismatch parts all slapped together...million dollar start and a 5 dollar finish

read faq....then ask if we can help

yeti

One of my previous questions
" could hair could get into the turbo and damage it"
Like a vacuum ya know
But vacuums don't get red hot

And I'm tryn to read vfaq but a lot of sh*t goes threw the time machine thing

And for the boost gauge where's the p outlet on the throttle body on the intake manifold

Could anybody help a bit I don't know this car verywell I could tell where the throttle body and intake manifold are on my camaro but this is my first import/not v8 or v6

SouthCaliVR4

I have been buisy as hell but seeing as how that's tapering off... Offer still stands for you to bring her up to me, a saturday would be best we could just meet up at my shop. My day off but the shop is open & the owner is also off.

we need to sort your electrical issues & at the same time we could swap my ecu in & see if that helps, once I know the wiring is solid & won't damage my ecu. A solid day with my toys & we could probably sort out most of your issues. If you don't still have my number shoot me a pm & I'll send it to you again.

yeti

i have to get insurance on the car before i can drive it that far and tags go bad this month
but i am FOR SURE trying to get the car up there shouldnt be too long

and i still got your number
il call you about a week in advance to make sure what day to come up on

IF i can make it up there Saturday il let you know
cause i definitely want to make it up there

Last edited:

Wanted to give a shutout to yeti that there are others in so-cal that are willing to help. if you ever come up to my neck of the woods, holler.

Hope you get everything worked out. looks like you are in good hands.

edit: removed "stuck" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned