The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

why do people hate bc products?

Choosing the right cam is critical. In that graph above, why would you need 280 cams of any brand? 272's is in it's sweet spot with those #s regardless of the brand.

4thStroke

It humors me that because people have ran these cams (BC272s) without any problems, that the OP decided they were good enough without caring about the reputation of BC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

chrisb33

that's why ive started this thread to find out more about bc's quality. during the course of my research, some say they hate them but only a few have first hand experience and proof that their springs and retainers failed on them. most who have bought bc's havent had any problems with theirs yet.

i just want first hand experiences shared here in this thread.

chris b

chrisb33

Quoting Vman911:
I got a set of regrinds off this guy on ebay. Thier = to 272's. Thier nippon racing cams from overseas. I paid 283.00 shipped. Thier great. They sound good. I know 4 people who have them. Thats how I got turned on to them. You don't need aftermarket springs with these they'll work on stockers. I put in a set of evo8 springs and retainers just to lose
1 ponund of weight. I have reved my cur up to 8500 rpm with no issues. Red line is set at 8200 now. If you want a link let me know.

Vinman

ey vinman,

yeah some links would be nice. thanks.

chris b

onesickcrx

I have BC 272's and springs and retainers no issues /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chrisb33

Quote:

I have BC 272's and springs and retainers no issues

thanks for the input. question though i hope you dont mind as well. how long have you been using it and what revs are you looking at with your bc driveline products?

thanks.

chris b

Rausch

Quoting ryno529:
We have never had any QC issues with BC before. The only problem is they are always down on power compared to most others. What is your budget? Usually with our customers i would have them run kelford 264's or 272's with stock EVO springs before going with BC cams and a spring kit

The Kelford 264/270s? or 264/260's?

And the BC cams are usually a bit off and need to be degreed to get optimal results. Can't just set those cam gears at 0 (Luke

chrisb33

Quote:

And the BC cams are usually a bit off and need to be degreed to get optimal results. Can't just set those cam gears at 0 (Luke

onesickcrx

About 3500 miles its been down for over a year now/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif Due to lack of reimbursement from a company. I installed them no issues ran great started right up. I degreed the cam's as I would with any cam there's no real lope to my idle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will be picking up a set of Kelford's 272's over this winter looking to squeeze some extra hp out of my setup.

Vman911

here's some links..

click
click

The auction ended for the nippon racing cams but send the guy a message and ask him to relist them. He a cool guy.
Tell him I sent you.
I have had no problems with mine and thay have been in there for over 2500 miles. Reved up to 84-8500.
Vinman

Last edited:

Bonezilla

web page

Their King Kams are pricey but I dont think you need those. Check out the DKS cams. Under $300.00! And read everything. These guys are awesome IMO and they know their sh*t. I dealt with them numerous times, they're great dudes.

We have run the Kelford 272/272 on stock EVO springs. As long as you don't plan on going past 8200 rpm you are safe. Past that RPM with that large of a cam i would upgrade the EVO springs. Just remember lift and duration help to make the extra power most regrinds only offer more duration. I usually suggest the 264/260 kelfords for anything smaller than a 30r. The 272's are really aggressive for a small turbo on the street.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned