The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which Aftermarket Downpipe do you use????

TakumiJr

I'm running the 2g awd megan downpipe also
DSC03464.jpg

^^ The 2G AWD downpipes fit the GVR4? Does it require modifications or does it bolt right up to the 1G catback?

~Mark

kitcho

is the megan racing one the only one that dosent need to be modified to fit?

^^^Someone who has experience can comment on this, but I did search and found a thread that mentions that the Megan 2G AWD downpipe fits.

~Mark

TakumiJr

Quote:
^^ The 2G AWD downpipes fit the GVR4? Does it require modifications or does it bolt right up to the 1G catback?

~Mark

Yes it fits. I test fit it on a 1G laser too.

Olson

i know this is a very noobish question. the megan one will fit the 14b and the evoIII 16g? im guessing yes but i want to make sure.
thanks
and sorry for the question

mooserage

Staff member
Quote:
i know this is a very noobish question. the megan one will fit the 14b and the evoIII 16g? im guessing yes but i want to make sure.
thanks
and sorry for the question

Yes, it will fit, both of those turbos are the TDO5 housing and are the same size. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Olson

thanks abunch im sure there was other people put there wondering

strokin4dr

Quote:

~Mark

The 2g awd downpipe bolts right up to the stock or 2g o2 housing perfectly and also clears the transfer case. As far as bolting right up to 1g catback, I doubt it, but since the down pipe is longer than stock(cat eliminator) it might be pretty close and require less piping to adapt it to fit.

holeshotmoe

I bought the RRE 3" for EVO O2 housing almost exactly one year ago. Friday, I heard the sound of a leak, so when I got home I crawled underneath to find it was in the flex section. I'm gonna email them to see if they have any type of warranty...though I doubt it. I don't know if that's a good lifetime on one of these or not but, at $230 a pop I can't afford to be replacing it every year. It did fit perfectly though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

johnnyRacer

Quote:
Quote:

~Mark

Yes it fits. I test fit it on a 1G laser too.

The megan 2g awd dp is the same length as my stock dp and cat. Now you would need some kind of adapter to fit the megan 3" dp to the stock catback. I just installed the 3" dp and had the muffler shop fab up a 3" exhaust from the megan dp all the way back and just eliminated the cat.

^^^ Yes, but if you had the Megan catback for a 1G, would the 2G downpipe bolt right up to it without any additional sections?

~Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Rausch

Quote:
Buschur Racing 3" turbo back full stainless.

same here, but i got a bit of a discount....still not cheap.

Nopi has there number1 3 inch AWD downpipe on sell for like $98.00 shipped, for a 95 AWD eclipse... I have had good luck with the number 1 stuff, I just ordered one for my galant, hasn't arrived yet but we'll see...

hey tom,
let me know how that goes, post some pictures if you could
or just comment on teh overall product
thanks
tony.

The downpipe came in and looks great, Haven't had time to install but when I do I will post again...

icurunnin

I just received in my Megan 3" 2G AWD downpipe and is it very nice. It has the 2 3/4" inlet like it should and 3" outlet which is plenty. All for $117 shipped to my door.

I just got a Megan 3" 2g Dp and Megan 3" test pipe, with full 3" piping out the back. Everything fit good and I think it sounds great. Heres a short video of it at idle complete with blown vavle guide seal smoke. http://youtube.com/watch?v=dMGxs_2dBkU

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned