The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Can a muffler shop do it?

I was considering using a CM performance exhaust on my car, I am also considering the Megan Racing 1G down pipe and resonator. Will a muffler shop be able to finish out the exhaust in the factory configuration with 3 inch pipe? And which Dynomax muffler(or another brand) would you reccomend? Thanks

Polish

click

click

Single in/out 3" Round Mufflers.

click

Single 3" in Dual 3" out Oval Case Muffler

click

Single 3" in/out Oval Case Muffler

These are my suggestions for mufflers.

Thanks! Now can someone tell me if a muffler shop can run it the same as the factory, but with 3 inch pipe?

solidviper89

I got my dp back exhaust done at a muffler shop for $200. They included a Borla muffler with dual outlets. Yes its press bent. But it is 3" piping, it should still be less restrictive than the stock system. Im only running on 14b at 15psi, so the restriction shouldn't be much.

Tim, I also offer a 'Muffler-Less' catback SS Mufflerless Catback model # MG-111N . Aluminized would be cheaper & is basically $90 off the regular catback price 2.5" Aluminized catback pricing . The part you'd need is the top one in the picture which includes the hangers. This is agreat option for guys who want to run a specific muffler they already have or prefer. You can also ship me your muffler & I'd have cmpe weld it on. They may charge $20-$30 to do it. The only thing I ask is that the muffler has to be in good condition.

Thanks to you all for the suggestions. Looks like it will be a Megan racing downpipe with the muffler shop finishing up the rest. After I figure out which muffler to choose.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned