The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which Aftermarket Downpipe do you use????

TWEAKD4

I can't say for sure but I wouldn't think the 2G downpipe would work on 1G DSM or GVR4. I hope you just didn't waste your money.

464/2K

2g awd dp's work. My brother had a Apexi one on his green car for ever.

damn i haven't been really paying much attention to the boards.
didn't know you ordered your down pipe yet (ryan).
i wish i saw that then did my exhaust. that megan down pipe looks great and thats a really good price. wonder if they were out 2 years ago and i just didn't notice...

no more redneck rallying.. damn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

strokin4dr

"no more redneck rallying.. damn"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ziggydb

My exhaust is going to fall soon so i will need something. If I get a new downpipe and scrap the exhaust is there a hanger to hold the downpipe to go open downpipe? I have an srt-4 and the down pipe can hold its self up. Thanks

Last edited:

a2vr4

i'v got a 2.5" buschur racing 1G turbo back modified to fit the galant. It flows fits and sounds great(in my humble opinion) and was pretty inexpensive.

chucklesas

Alright, so I bought a Megan Racing downpipe off a local last weekend, and fit it up to my VR4 tonight. It hits on the bracket for one of the water lines going to the water/oil cooler, and also hits on the transfer case. I have a feeling that it's not completely sealing at the o2 housing. Anyone else have this problem?

Buschur Racing 3" turbo back full stainless. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Olson

wow 300 bones for a down pipe. dang....

Armitage

Just to be of absolutely no help whatsoever, I'm using a Mofugas DP ;P

speedyvr4

Quote:
Alright, so I bought a Megan Racing downpipe off a local last weekend, and fit it up to my VR4 tonight. It hits on the bracket for one of the water lines going to the water/oil cooler, and also hits on the transfer case. I have a feeling that it's not completely sealing at the o2 housing. Anyone else have this problem?

not at all, it fits like a glove.Mine does pass by real close to the T.case but doesn't hit it, but then again, every 3" DP passes real close. What kind of O2 housing are you guys running ?

chucklesas

I'm running a 2G o2 housing. Mine is actually crushing the flex section up against the transfer case. I'm not sure why. Weird.

MMCVR4

Quote:
I'm running a 1G AWD APEX'i and it fits great.

+1 I got mine from the A'PEXi garage sale along with the N1 exhaust system. Great combination.

steve

You sure its not an Evo3 O2 Charles? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

chucklesas

Positive. It was working find with my Mofugus downpipe, really the only reason I swapped out the Mofugus was because the flex section was leaking really badly. I guess I should have just had the flex section replaced /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif I'll try to figure it out when I have some more time on my hands to play around with things. I think I stipped one of the exhaust studs off the O2 housing out anyway, so I gotta get it all back out of there later this week.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned