The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Which Aftermarket Downpipe do you use????

If you are not looking to eliminate the cat, 1G dp would be the choice and not the 2G?

ScreaminE

I'm thinking of ordering this: click and getting the local muffler shop to add a cat and the rest of the exhaust since I have a muffler already.

We'll see how it goes. I figure for 95 shipped or less it's hard to go wrong.

ktmrider

Quoting RESuzuki:
If you are not looking to eliminate the cat, 1G dp would be the choice and not the 2G?

No, the TEL 2g DP actually fits to the cat better than the 1g model.
Has to do with the "clocking" of the cat flanges...

381gvr4

Bringing back to life....

2g or 1g Megan is the right choice??? How will this mingle with evo3 o2??? Same mods and when I switched from 1g o2?? BYAH!

Last edited:

I'm brand new to the GVR-4 world, but am looking at a car that needs exhaust...

So my question is this...

Since the 1G AWD cat-back exhaust system is too short for use with the GVR4
And the 2G AWD DP is longer than the 1G or Factory piece

Is it possible to create a turbo back exhaust system for the GVR4 by combining 2G down-pipe + 1G catback
Or is there still significant welding/modifying to be done?

Only if there was a custom extra long cat or test pipe in there. Both 1G and 2G cars, being coupes, have a shorter wheelbase than a GVR4 (same reason the driveshafts won't swap over) and so the exhaust needs to be about 7" longer.

fivestardsm

Quoting Evorussell:
I'm brand new to the GVR-4 world, but am looking at a car that needs exhaust...

So my question is this...

Since the 1G AWD cat-back exhaust system is too short for use with the GVR4
And the 2G AWD DP is longer than the 1G or Factory piece

Is it possible to create a turbo back exhaust system for the GVR4 by combining 2G down-pipe + 1G catback
Or is there still significant welding/modifying to be done?

You need to get the 2G cat delete pipe. It has been discused many times, so just do a quick search and you will see.

raptorWagon

Quoting 381gvr4:
Bringing back to life....

2g or 1g Megan is the right choice??? How will this mingle with evo3 o2??? Same mods and when I switched from 1g o2?? BYAH!

I believe I have the 1g Megan Downpipe (came on the car), as far as fitment with the Evo3, it fits alright. The Evo3 is at more of an angle than the stock o2 housing, I believe the downpipe that would fit best with it are the Certified downpipes with the proper Evo3 flange that Garfield sells. My downpipe didn't exactly line up perfect with the o2 Housing.

I need to redo my exhaust anyway.

I had a Apex-I off an EVO 8. Fit Perfect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned