The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what maf to use

gtproto

so ive been trying to find a semi simple answer to the question what kind of setup to use for air fuel control. car has fuel pump, fuel pump regulator, mbc, and 2.5inch turbo back, everything else is stock i have a evo3 16g on the way what would be my best option for now to get somewere around 350whp i know i will need injectors i believe the 560cc should be fine but would purchasing 650cc be ok? then what setup 2g maf evo gm 3inch not sure and what electronics would work best just a s-afc?, sorry its a long winded question im just kind of lost were to go first thanks

GSTwithPSI

A 2G MAF would be easy and cheap. I would go with that. ECMlink V3 hands down for engine management. With 560cc injectors, I would think your injector duty cycles would be pretty high to even hit 300whp, much less 350whp. 650s will get you to 350whp no problem, so go with them and call it good. You will need a wideband minimum to tune with, and I would also recommend you get an EGT gauge. Your stock intercooler will definitely be a weak link, and I know from experience your Hp goals will be very hard to reach on the stock sidemount. A bigger intercooler or meth injection could remedy this. Squeezing 350whp out of such a limited mod list will be all in the tune, so make sure you know someone who can help you out tuning, or tune the car for you.

Jason G.

Quoting gtproto:
so ive been trying to find a semi simple answer to the question what kind of setup to use for air fuel control. car has fuel pump, fuel pump regulator, mbc, and 2.5inch turbo back, everything else is stock i have a evo3 16g on the way what would be my best option for now to get somewere around 350whp i know i will need injectors i believe the 560cc should be fine but would purchasing 650cc be ok? then what setup 2g maf evo gm 3inch not sure and what electronics would work best just a s-afc?, sorry its a long winded question im just kind of lost were to go first thanks

ECMlink. 650's would be the better choice, but you may be close to maxing them out at 350hp. I would consider larger injectors in case you want to change your set up later on down the road. I prefer the 3g/Evo8 MAF due to the round hose connection. skip the SAFC and EGT gauge and go with a Wideband 02. Don't forget to upgrade the intercooler as well, the stock one won't get you far.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned