The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

E85 Question

LordAthey

Ok so I'm in the process of building this other block that i have. Well i have two questions for you guys. Question 1 (I'm going to be using a stock crank, 1g rods, and 2g pistons) Where can I buy these parts at? for a good price and I'm not going to have to send it back like 5 times. Question 2 I am so going to be running an 18g. I want to run E85, what kind of boost can i run on this new setup? Or do you think that i should run pump gas? I would just like to hear your input on this subject. My HP goal is about 400 just for your information.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:

bmod530

www.thedsmgraveyard.com for the pistons and rods, they do some good work honing out the small end of the rods, and hanging the 2g pistons. They are famous for the "Frankenstein engine". They also have relatively good prices on a lot of other stuff too.

trunks

If you run e85 you can really turn the boost up. A lot of guys run 30 psi on it with no knock. I do on my eclipse with no problems - as long as you're tuned properly.

4thStroke

With my E85 Mahle/Eagle motor, I ran my E316G with the wastegate line pulled. It was spiking 38psi and taping to 24psi at best. I was making 430whp.

E85 will handle whatever you throw at it, just don't get too aggressive with the timing map.

As for the motor itself, I can't recall what kind of numbers people are reliably putting down with that combination.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned