The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What are these symbols?

Quote from 1 lap of america
1.It sounds like there are going to be at least four other Mitsubishi Evo X’s running on One Lap this year, all in the same “mid priced sedan ” class that we would be in. I am starting to see more and more of these djvsjlxa??? things in different posts and signatures is it my computer or the site they are getting very annoying similar to when you receive a text that makes your head hurt wth?

Muskrat

I believe it's the character code for the symbol/letter not translating correctly, so it shows the code instead of what it represents. In that case, it looks like it's a quotation mark/apostrophe

cheekychimp

Can you post up the original link you took that quote from?

I think it is caused by the text encoding setting on your browser. I found the default setting on Firefox is Western (ISO-8859-1). I changed it to Unicode (UTF-8) and it cured most of my similar issues but I just tried it and it doesn't work to change the entries you made in your first post. I am assuming you need to use the text encoding on the original HTML page.

socalgvr4

Nope its pasted into the original post, and it appears there was some sort of character/code conversion error.

SO..short answer, problem doesnt lie on your end.

14u2nV

I've been noticing this problem a lot lately, on more than the galant board. Any ideas why?

slugsgomoo

I frequently see it happen with OSX computers, and I kind of wonder if there's some sort of UTF/Unicode or encoding thing going on that causes weird behavior for everyone else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned