The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

WASTEGATES

prove_it

The compressor side is different in that the wheel is larger on the 16Gs. You can only swap the exhaust(turbine) housing.

At this point this should be moved to the newbie section.

GVR4kauai

16g vs 14b wheel! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif only 3 diff, design, size and the bottoms. 14b is flat and 16g has a hump or super back

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

kauai, that's helpful except they're talking about turbines, not compressors.

For what it's worth, an evo3 hotside on a 14b will give you a bit more flow and might make a tiny bit more power. I went the opposite way, was porting out a nice spare evo3 hotside I picked up when I found out someone drilled all the mounting holes so large they couldn't be helicoiled and junked it.

Didn't want to cut out the WG of my nice evo3 hotside so I stuffed the turbo inside the 6cm^2 14b hotside I already had cut out for my external gate setup on my 1g (check out this super old pic from 2005 lol)

GVR4kauai

If you read prove-it's post right above mine you would see why I posted those pics! And the tubrine is the same no need to show that bro. It didn't seem that he was getting the diff in them and really that's the major thing the wheel diff, and of course we know the comp cover is machined a tad bigger and turbine could be 6-7-8cm depending on what it is. And yes the evo3 hot side on a 14b is def a great upgrade. The guy that has the fastest 14b time to date is using one and says it was way worth it. You could use a hrc 10cm to lol I have one for my s16g and love it on my gst. Slight lag which is fine for fwd and solid boost till red line I love it! I had that turbo flowing 2lb/min over its rated 35lb/min and only at 19.5-20psi. Was an awesome setup on the street and the track. The car had 11's in it for sure and was right there, till my fairly new balance shaft belt somehow shredded and took out the bottom end /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif That's why the galant is getting its deleted this weekend. So I can possible race on the 30-31 and hit some 12's without fearing the belt haha!

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned