The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

External wastegate on O2 housing fitment, hmmm

strokin4dr

Sounds good. Looking forward to it since I can find any gvr4 pics!
Thanks!

vr4play

Here are some pix of my setup. Its kind of hard to see because of the intercooler pipe but there is just enough room to take the radiator in and out. The second picture is looking between the intercooler pipe and the radiator.

strokin4dr

Awesome. Thanks for the pics and info. Exactly what I was looking for!

TylerAdamson

Don't forget about the wastegate. The wastegate in the above pictures appears to be the Tial MVS which is about 1" shorter then the 2 bolt design.

strokin4dr

Both of the O2 housings I asked about are obviously with 2 bolt flanges. Good catch Tyler.

vr4play

The 2 bolt version will NOT fit without major modification. I bought one and fussed with it for months and decided that there was no easy way to make it fit so I sold it. The MVS version came out and it looked like it would fit so I bought it with plans to make my own o2 housing. I got in a hurry and bought the MAP one and it took like 2 months to get it but it fit really well. I would sell the 2 bolt version and get the MVS. Its much more compact and has been working flawlessly for me. I have to remove the dump tube to take the down pipe off and I'm sure the v-band makes that much easier than fumbling with those 2 bolts. I've been thinking of getting an FP dsm76 and going with the mvs44 setup off the fp housing. It tucks up almost under the manifold. Just trying to justify $2700.

bmxr152

For all that hassle you could have just installed a scirocco radiator. Much cheaper than buying a new o2 housing and wastegate

strokin4dr

I have a scirocco rad sitting in the box but that would mean losing ac. Not gonna happen on this car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned