The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Venting to air!?!?

Rausch

The Turbo XS unit actually worked well for me. it is adjustable, so you can tweak it as needed. I was quite skeptical at first, but once it was dialed in, worked surprisingly well.

Stock is a great way to go though.

Just sounds like a eBay turbo !! I know nothing about them so I can't knock them! What the price tag on one!!

jepherz

Staff member
Dude, over half of your posts have been today, in this thread. Take a deep breath and give your "!" key a break.

Muskrat

He's not kidding. You have more than half the posts in this thread. This thread consists of more than half your total posts. It's excessive.

You'll find it's a generally older crowd here. Use proper spelling (spell check!), grammar, and punctuation and you'll get along fine here.

Oh yeah, and if you need to add something to a post you just made, don't make a new post, just edit your current one. There's no need to double post just to add a smilie.

Last edited:

This is the first time I've ever posted anything for your info! Still getting the hang of it! Besides, I'am doing this from an iPhone, not a PC! I'll get the hang of it. Besides that not what the original Q's about! Tryin to get answers, not hostility!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can do it too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

There's no hostility here. Just take your time posting. Your questions will all get answered in time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucas03ES

I bought my car with the recirc. tube pulled off, and the BOV vta and no cap on the intake. I have no idea of the mods done to the car, and I think it has a 7-bolt swapped into it... would it be a good idea to put the tube back on or cap off the intake?

mikus

there's two types of air meters - pullthrough (factory vr4) and pushthrough (what you see on MAFT setups) the key is that you don't want to lose metered air, Ie, air past the meter.

A pullthrough is right after the air filter - so you want to recirculate rather than lose metered air.
A pushthrough is *typically* near the throttle body on the IC pipe on this car - if you have that and the BOV is before it, you can vent to air

steve

Quoting Lucas03ES:
I bought my car with the recirc. tube pulled off, and the BOV vta and no cap on the intake. I have no idea of the mods done to the car, and I think it has a 7-bolt swapped into it... would it be a good idea to put the tube back on or cap off the intake?

Put the tube back, you need to recirc the CBV per the post above mine.

H05TYL

I understand the concept of metered air vs un-metered, but if the bov only opens when the throttle is suddenly closed (when changing gear for example) and is also closed at idle, does it really matter?
At worst you get a momentary rich condition whilst the engine is under zero load...

I ran with a vent to atmosphere hks blow off valve for about 6 years (with stock ecu/maf/etc) - until I got sick of the noise - and it produced no ill effects once I'd adjusted the bov so it stayed closed at idle.

turbowop

It's just ricer bullshit all in the name of making some extra noise to gain attention. Even if it didn't affect performance it shouldn't be done just for the fact that it makes you look gay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

steve

"Does it really matter"

Yes, on my car I noticed a big difference in "driveability" with the CBV vented to atmosphere. Many others have also experienced stalling, etc.

Some say they have "no ill effects" which I don't understand, but personally I did.

If memory serves me correct, I put a 95 GSX together when i was a noob to the mitsubishi thing, ran an Injen intake and Greddy RS bov vented to the air. Car had massive fuel cut problems all the way until... you guessed it, started recurculating. Solved a rich idle condition too... another way to vta is with i believe a speed density set up... but i could just be pulling that out of my a$$

DR1665

Quoting turbowop:
It's just ricer bullshit all in the name of making some extra noise to gain attention. Even if it didn't affect performance it shouldn't be done just for the fact that it makes you look gay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

THIS. (Figured I'd post, given my title.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Rausch

^ And that should wrap this thread up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

SleepinGVR4

Quoting steveGLS:
Some say they have "no ill effects" which I don't understand, but personally I did.

They definitely do and they just don't know it.

Quoting turbowop:

Can I get an AMEN!?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned