The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TURBO questions

thomcasey

Turbo will be fed (on the back side) from a line from the Thermostat housing (normally rubber connecting two metal lines) and the coolant will exit the front and loop under to the coolant pipe coming from the waterpump via a solid metal line in a 180° U.

clevr4

okay can the solid metal 180 degree pipe be replaced? mine is welded? if so name? part number?

clevr4

dude thanks... i feel retarded.. i thought the return line was a rubber house to the water pipe nipple. so if i just order all three of those i should be rolling.... thanks man!

GSTwithPSI

Here's all the stuff you'll need. I wanted to post here instead of PM since this will probably help somebody else.

Turbo and exhaust manifold:
exhaust manifold (manifold gasket & turbo to manifold gasket)
16G turbo
wastegate actuator
O2 housing (O2 gasket)
oem_dsm_evo_copper_exhaust_manifold_gasket.jpg

MITS-MD171220-2.jpg

oem_dsm_t25_turbo_o2_housing_gasket_md191897.jpg

Lines for turbo:
coolant feed line (crush washers)
coolant return (crush washers)
oil feed line (crush washers)
oil drain line (gaskets)
Crush washers--> click

Other stuff:
turbo water pipe (O ring gasket)(make sure water pipe has provision for the water line)
20141215_220853.jpg

oem_dsm_water_pipe_pump_oring.jpg

Downpipe (gaskets)
J-pipe (J-pipe flange gasket)
14b_16g_outlet_j_gasket.jpg

Per our converstaion via PM, I need you to post some pictures of how your current intercooler piping is routed so I can get an idea of how it needs to be modified to fit a TD05 compressor cover.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned