The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Turbo Harness, tranny and rear diff...how do you know??

So im new to galants, but ive had a 1g talon for about six years thats decently modded. My friend has a Galant GSX shell for sale, and i want to buy it and put a turbo engine in it, but i need to know if the Wiring Harness, ECU, Tranny, and Rear Diff are from a turbo car. The previous owner before my friend said it had a turbo engine in it, but i need to know before i buy it.

If anyone can tell me how to check for the turbo conversion parts, and let me know of anything else i should be aware of before i purchase the car i would really appreciate it.

Also, what is a TURBO Galant GSX WORTH?? If i get the car running, what could i sell it for? It has a completely rust free body, and some rims on it, and the interior is pretty clean too. I can buy the shell and get it runnning for $1500, but would that be worth it?

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED!!

fivestardsm

The first piece of advise would be to search this site. These topics have all been mentioned and discussed numerous times. The search engine here is a littl edifferent than some of the other sites, so it might take you a little to understand it.

Other than that, I can tell you that yes you can put all those parts in the car, but there are a few things that have to be concidered while doing it. Expecially in the harness area. There is some differences because of the different location of the ecu, and how the wires are routed in the engine bay.

As for the lighting harness which goes out the dr. side, it would remain intaked so ytou dont have to worry about it. but again, do some searching and you will find out about it.

Try this in a search: +dsm +harness +gsx

I tried searching this forum, but i didnt come up with anything useful.

The ONLY things i need to know is HOW TO TELL IF:

Is it a TURBO TRANNY?

Is it a TURBO HARNESS?

Is it a TURBO REAR END?

If someone could just tell me how to figure it out, i would really appreciate it.

brisvr4

does the GGSX come with a knock sensor?
If it has one then it *should* be a turbo harness I'd think.

cheekychimp

^ Are you referring to the block? I seem to remember this being asked before and I thought the consensus was that the block did not have a sensor but there was a boss in the correct place that could be drilled and tapped for one.

donniekak

Quoting brisvr4:
does the GGSX come with a knock sensor?
If it has one then it *should* be a turbo harness I'd think.

They do not have a knock sensor, but do have a place to screw one in. Even if they did have a knock sensor, there is no plug for a bcs, resistor pack, or a maf reset wire. If you want to turbo your car, get a rear end, trans, engine, harness, ecu, and turbo piping.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned