The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tubular manifold with ETS hot side....

Tre3zy

i want to upgrade my exhaust manifold to this one:

click

im planning on running it with a 16g with the 16g ETS hot side piping.... has anyone run a set up like this in the ETS kit? i just want to make sure that it will fit fine.... because my concern is that the hot side pipe might hit the exhaust manifold when i try to bolt it up.... and i dont want to buy it unless i know that it will fit under the ETS piping....

thnx

-TRIZ

Nartanian

Good question. Was curious about that too.

TylerAdamson

I'd be inclined to say that it wouldn't fit. The ETS pipe barely had enough clearance when I had it bolt up to my FP manifold. Another option would be to use a standard j pipe like on a 1g DSM and fabricate your own lower pipe.

AnotherNewb

I have tried one of these, the result was epic fail. It just sits in the building collecting dust.

Tre3zy

oh cool so if anything go with the FP manifold then?

Nartanian

Quoting AnotherNewb:
I have tried one of these, the result was epic fail. It just sits in the building collecting dust.

As in fitment issues or cheap part?

Adorsey

I have an ETS kit on my car, This is a decent picture to show the room you have to play with.

Nartanian

I was also wondering does the ets kit work with smim's like jmf or magnus?

Tre3zy

Quoting Adorsey:
I have an ETS kit on my car, This is a decent picture to show the room you have to play with.

great shot....

Adorsey

Quoting Nartanian:
I was also wondering does the ets kit work with smim's like jmf or magnus?

I cannot work my ETS kit to fit with the JMF smim,
Even with my 90* pipe to the tb, the kit is meant for a stock intake mani.

Tre3zy, the manifold to turbo bolts are visible in the pic, if the tubular mani projects farther out than the bolts do, I'm not sure if it will fit.

Last edited:

TylerAdamson

I'm running a 1g NT throttlebody and my ETS kit works just fine with my Magnus manifold.

Tre3zy

Tre3zy, the manifold to turbo bolts are visible in the pic, if the tubular mani projects farther out than the bolts do, I'm not sure if it will fit.

cool i think im going to try it if i have some money to waste /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and get back to you guys

Did you have to make that a crotch shot as well? The ebay headers Dont seem to do anything. I had one and i think running even just a 2g manifold is better. Ive seen the ebay ones work great on hondas and nissans but for some reason the DSM ones seem to crack and turn all sorts of funky colors.

Chase

I have a tubular mani, I dont like it. I want to get an FP for mine. Ill put a pic so you can see the difference.

PS - I know the engine bay looks like sh*t. Its how I bought it and is a work in progress to clean up the nightmare.

6874f7ad.jpg

AnotherNewb

Quoting Nartanian:
Quoting AnotherNewb:

As in fitment issues or cheap part?

Both. Those headers were designed for a tel where the turbo spits hot air to the passenger side, not the drivers side. Its cheap draw bend pipe that is guaranteed to crack. The bolt holes in the flange are too close to the header and the bolt heads rub on it. Speaking of bolts, the ones they supply are junk, but that doesn't matter because its the wrong thread anyways. So.......... epic fail. Save your money and wait till FPs christmas sale when the price of their manifold drops to $175.

Tre3zy

^ cool thnx

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned