The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Show me pics of your setup

presterone

Anyone with a FP race manifold and ETS front mount running a external wastegate? I am trying to figure out where to mount the wastegate. It looks like I have no room at all the Bracket for power steering and alternator has got to go. Removing the manifold will be much easier with that bracket removed I have drop engineering mounts anyways. One of the charge pipes that comes with the ETS front mount kit is in the way also.

EMX5636

I can't seem to find my pics of when I had a bolt-on setup, but I ran a TiAL 4-bolt 40mm on both Punishment Racing and a JMFabrications O2 Housing. It cleared everything just fine. You could get by with even more space running the newer TiAL MVS or the Turbosmart CompGate like I'm running now.

ghostinthevr4

I think I know what your having trouble with the dipstick right? This is an old picture. I modified my dipstick it was getting on my nerves, I cut the bracket that bolts to the block my dipstick doesn't get bolted in anymore. You don't have to do what I did but bending the dipstick will help you fit the wastegate where it belongs. For what it's worth that's a v band 44mm Tial.

onesickcrx

Please take the teflon of the an part of the valve cover fittings... Nice valve cover by the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quoting ghostinthevr4:

It's a tight fit but persistence is key.

ghostinthevr4

Yeah I know the Teflon is overkill and not needed since it is flared. The catch can that goes with it ain't to bad either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

presterone

Is the wastegate bolted to the actual manifold? or is it the 02 housing? I've heard people bolting it to the 02 housing but I don't understand how that works post turbo.

EMX5636

Wastegate is bolted to the O2 housing. It works the same as an internal wastegate, but with a much bigger valve. Pressure exists anywhere between the head flange and turbine wheel. Might have to adjust the gate depending on location, but it will work regardless.

You just need to bypass the turbine wheel to limit boost.

Last edited:

ghostinthevr4

That wastegate is directly on the turbine housing as stated above, it's on an fp3065. Before this turbo I was running a mitsu flanged HX-40 with a 38mm Tial wastegate which was also a tight fit, but not as tight as the one pictured above. I had a O2 stock looking bolt on housing that the 38mm a tial bolted too. Sorry no pictures I sold the O2 housing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned