The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ets ic with 2g injen style hard pipe?

tektic

To start off, I moved my battery and will be using a stock style turbo compressor cover.

Will a 2g hard pipe fit with the ets intercooler piping ? Hopefully with little to no modifications? Post photos if possible.
Thanks

minneSNOWta

I am using a Dejon 2G intake with ETS I/C piping and it clears perfectly. Also using the "Blinging Tray" with Odyssey PC925 and the I/C piping clears that too.

minneSNOWta

Are you going to use the 2G MAF or go SD?

One thing to note is that if you use the OEM BOV and mounting location on the ETS kit with the 2G intake pipe, it will interfere. I use a GReddy BOV and had my flange relocated further up the pipe towards where the battery sits and it allows the BOV to be easily adjustable. The recirc tube is a HD spa hose for now, but I plan on getting a metal recirc tube fabbed up with couplers. Tried using all sorts of flexible radiator hose, but they would all kink. My recirc tube right now is in an S-shape and isn't kinked, but I could not find anything.

I didn't take pics of the ETS stuff installed yet and my stuff is torn down at the moment. Hopefully I can show you in a couple weeks or so.

tektic

So I finally got around to installing all this stuff in the engine bay.
Conclusion: I't doesn't fit!

The 2g injen type pipe I have installed touches my installed stock 1g dsm radiator fan. This makes it look sloppy because it will not sit parallel to the front of the car. The third strike is the bov port has no chance of fitting properly.

As of right now I'm contemplating solutions. I will switch to a evo 8 maf because its smaller. My current plan is a 12"-14" section of 2.5" tube with a bov port welded at a 45° somewhere in the middle. This is to be sandwiched between two 45° reducers. At the maf end 3" to 2.5" and at the turbo end, you guessed it 2.5" to 2".
A 45° bent pipe and a strait coupling can work too but it seems I can aim the bov port better with the strait pipe. My bov is in the stock location as part of the ETS Galant specific Kit.

Please comment if you foresee problems with this plan. Thank you.

BluFalcon

Here's what I did for my car, when I was running an Injen style pipe with a 2G MAS. I still had the stock GVR-4 fan in the car, and the pipe barely cleared the fan shroud, after I relocated the resistor pack.

I'm not running this setup anymore, as I eventually went to a FAL slimline fan, and a FP intake pipe on mine when I installed a FP3052.

Anyway, here you go: Injen Intake Pipe With ETS FMIC Kit

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

tektic

Thanks BluFalcon. I saw your post and while viewing it I made my mind up to switch to the evo 8 maf. Where do I get one of those sweet weld on ports for the bov recirculation?

I started a new thread that show my air filter compartment mod. Its in the general section. I'm going to be using 2.5" aluminum pipe and 45 degree reducers. It will clear the radiator fan with room to spare. I didn't want to rewire my harness a second time but the evo maf is much easier to work with based on size.

BluFalcon

I worked at Forced Performance for awhile. The recirc tube was one that's used on the FP Intake Pipes. I don't know if they'll sell you one by itself, since I don't work there anymore, but it was nice to have access to it at the time. I'm sure a machinist could cut something similar for you on a lathe, given a picture of the piece.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned