The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

TPS, and ISC grounding/

Adorsey

I know that I have to ground the- ignition timming adjustment plug, and the diagnostic plug under the dash, but where do I ground them too if my battery is re-located in the trunk? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

TIA

1990ggsxnj

What do you need to ground them for? If you're doing an idle adjustment, just ground to the engine or body(both cases).

Last edited:

Adorsey

All the posts I had read about adjusting the idle speed said to ground it out before adjusting, I was just wondering about, where to ground them too.
Thanks for answering my Q. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif You don't have to run a wire to the negative terminal on the battery. Just anywhere bare metal on the chassis really. There are plenty of ground locations in the engine bay to choose from.

Adorsey

Awesome, thanks for the help.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned