The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Possible a bad CAS?

Hondakiller

Ok I ground the terminal to adjust ignition timing. With a timing light set to 5 degrees at idle. I have a scanmaster 3 on the ignition timing it reading 17-20 degrees adv. at idle. Is that normal? Or should the scanmaster read 5 degrees at idle as well. The car has idle surge. If I try to adjust the ignition timing with the scanmaster I can only bring the degrees down to 8 and I run out of adjustment. But when I do that the idle surge stops and runs ok. But I dont recall the CAS all the way back like that. I was pretty sure it was about half way it adjustment. Has anyone have the same problem?

Thanks
Matt

LIV4PSI

Grab a spare CAS and see if anything changes. Green tops aren't very hard to come by. I have a box of spare stuff like CAS, TPS, etc. just in case one goes bad or something starts acting weird.

Hondakiller

Yeah I'm going to hit the junk yard soon and grab one. But I've tested the CTS, and the TPS. They are good is there and thing I might be over looking that can cuz idle surge?

LIV4PSI

Your throttle body could need to be rebuilt, leaks around the shaft seals are common.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned