The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

tow pic i know most of you have one

curtis

Never been towed with the VR4 but have limped it home with
a large hole in the bellhousing

2 times with a 3rd gear shift fork broken, Thats fun can't stop and only have 3rd gear, have to pace traffic, watch for lights, go through parking lots and utilize the expert lane.

6+ times with smoked clutches
crankwalk so bad the clutch wouldn't engage
water pump cutting through the pump housing once
a broken rear axle
broken front axle
broken rear diff
broken and leaking brake line, handbraked it home
3 smoking destroyed turbos spraying for bugs

Done for now could ramble more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sonofabitch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
I've got one for you, I just can't find it right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

jcgalntvr4-244

Quoting Shiskibob:
You posted the pictures in the reverse order. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

no that was them picking it up not dropping it off.

izze01

Haha curtis I remember that broken 3 bolt. U gotta love those dual disk clutches. I believe we were on our way to the post office just to drop off some mail. Then ended up breaking sh*t.

DR1665

I'll throw down on this one.

Day 1 - 02.04.06 (The rear seat trunk pass-thru is perfect for removed prop shafts.)

07.12.07 - Spectacular HG failure in Phoenix, in July, in rush hour the Thursday before starting a new job.

And then on 02.04.08 some stroke ass made a left turn in front of me. Car is still down, but not out.

I had no idea that some kid actually totalled 195 out two years to the day after I took delivery (on a trailer) until I noticed the EXIF data on the pictures. That's f***ing nuts, man. From now on, February 4th will be one day out of the year I'll walk or take the bus or something. That sh*t gets expensive!

Last edited:

I dont have a tow pic of it, but removed the driveshaft on a car dolly and left the ebrake on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
That was interesting when we saw smoke billowing from behind the car. I checked them out they were GLOWING red. I'm surprised they didn't come apart.

strokin4dr

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gifTalk about flat spots on the tires. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

pachood_1953

Day I bought it (with bent valves)

Copyof08-07-06_1622.jpg

First time it was relocated during build:

Copyof04-24-07_1847.jpg

Parts car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10-13-06_1505.jpg

4Grim

Not mine..but I got one of Tom N. old GVR4 after a tensioner pulley bolt decided come loose after his last 600awhp dyno pull. Luckily it didn't bend any valves even after it let go at 8000rpms..just a blown headgasket. Took the car to Boostx house for a overnight repair so he could make his hour trip home next day.

Last edited:

H05TYL

No towing pics, I do however have some roadside repair pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just to clarify, this is my rwd converted vr4 (my other one is still 4wd as god/mitsi intended)

Went down to slipway (purpose built drift/autocross facility out in the hills behind the city) on a friday and on my 3rd go I broke something in the rear end - dropped the clutch and it went 'ping' and I had no drive, hmm.

A quick look confirmed the driveshaft was spinning, but the wheels weren't, nothing was catching or binding so I got the owners missus to tow me to the gate in their 4wd (the driveway is massively long - several miles of tight, twisty, uphill and downhill loose gravel), then got my mate Craig to tow it into town to my sisters with his mkV ford cortina drift hack (a less suitable tow vehicle i'm struggling to think of) - anyway we fried the clutch in the 'tina and ended up abandoning H05TYL on the footpath outside a peugeot/subaru dealership then missioned home (on the train, eww) to get tools etc and then go about a roadside rwd to fwd conversion - in the dark!
Thankfully after that she made it home under her own power.

massive thanks to Dan for driving me down and helping out!

0042.jpg

0062.jpg

H05TYL

If your not breaking stuff your not trying hard enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

PolskiVR4

Back from the Shootout two years ago, so it was 2006.

Had my hard drive not crashed I would have you all topped, I had pictures of number #27 melted on the back of a trailor with no doors and rubber and glass dripping off it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned