The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Let's see your Tow Truck Pics and the Stories behind them!

Over on the 3000GT forum we have a thread about tow trucks pics and how your car got on that tow truck, So lets see em!

Ill start with mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2012-03-11_17-17-06_75.jpg

2012-03-11_17-08-20_98.jpg

On the Way home from work yesterday I broke a Coolant hose under the car, I believe it's the return hose for the turbo

WaRrIoRs16

I was just cruising on the freeway and my transmission gave out. I was about 45mins from home, but luckily the next exit was a half a mile away and my friend lived about a mile away from there. So it got limped home and completely went out about a 100 yards away from his house and we had to slowly push it because it was tweeking out and locking up. He called a friend that owed him a favor, and I was home in about 2 hours after the break down. Swapped in another used transmission and I was back up and running for a 13.0 second pass at the track.

JSchleim18

I drove out to my buddy's place to get my car tuned. As we were tuning it, something just didn't seem right. We look at the logs and the voltage was low. He tells me I should probably hurry back home before my battery dies. Alternator already sh*t the bed so I was driving my car on borrowed time (battery only). I was on the highway with the laptop hooked up to read my voltage going lower and lower. I got about 10 mins from home and then parked in a gas station and called for a tow. Car died a minute later.

WaRrIoRs16

^^ I have ran on battery far too many times. I have my boost gauge setup as a voltage gauge now and I watch it more than I do my speedo. Cheap ass alternators from Autozone with lifetime warranties. I finally just gave up and grabbed a saturn alternator.

JSchleim18

That's exactly what I did after this happened. I bought myself an AC Delco Saturn Alternator and it was a beautiful thing.

I exploded the front of the two rear differentials. Oh wait, you wanted pics of galants...

My VR4 has been on the hook a few times, but I never took any pics of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

4thStroke

I broke the transmission input shaft. I blame it on a worn out dowel pin since it is such an uncommon failure and it very well looked like it could have been the culprit.

I didn't take a picture the 1st and 3rd time I had to be towed home.
1st tow: shredded 3rd at the track.
3rd tow: blew a hole in the head from a fuel delivery failure.

4Grim

#1948 isnt running yet...so when i moved into the new house I had to get it over to the new place.
2011-07-10195920.jpg

Tre3zy

only time 637 ever been in a tow truck... and it isnt because it wasnt running or something like that... just finished my 5 lug swap and 4bolt rear end at a friends house 45 miles away and i needed an alignment bad... so i decided to call a tow truck to bring it home cause i didnt wanna f*** up the new tires...

kama1

kinda hard to tell,my vr4 on its way home.

Adorsey

Spent the night at a friends house, was at least 30* out that night, went out in the morning and started her up. She ran fine till I saw her smoking out the whole driveway, got on the phone with my brother he came up with the trailor. Blah blah blah had the hardest time getting the damn thing off the trailor because of the D ring...

The ramps worked at the angle of the ground no problem to get it on, but off onto my paved driveway was horible. My test pipe hung up on the D ring of the trailor. Finally when I got It off and took it apart, it was a blown turbo. Engine is still good with only 5k. Just sent out my rebuilt turb for a balance, cant wait to get back on the road again.

OMFGeofffff

Out of the 2 years I owned it I had it towed twice.

Once when I bought it...

And once when I sold it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.....

alansupra94

What if I said my tow truck is my galant?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

GVR47111K

Got my cherry popped tonight.

I guess it's the slave cylinder or some tranny/bellhousing bolt that won't allow the clutch to properly engage.

kama1

my vr4 just got loaded,on its way to the paint shop again.

had a flat at home too,got skinny spare on.

come to think of it,ive never driven this thing yet since ive owned it.
having no engine sucks!

Last edited:

boostedinaz

Waiting for Driggs to post his awesome tow truck pic........

1101 the night I bought her the 2nd time. No motor so I had to tow it home.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned