The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Took the shitbox to the drag strip

Tre3zy

Well finally got a chance again to race the car at the local drag strip and i must say that im very happy with the result... New personal best of 11.75 @ 118 with a 1.8 60' on some used corolla tires from work

Heres the video:

click

EHmotorsports

Great to see theise heavy beasts going into the 11's. I have yet to take my car to the track but I'm hoping to next season.

LIV4PSI

Very respectable time. How much HP does it make? A guesstimate is fine if its never been on the rollers.

Tre3zy

yea never been dynoed... just street tuned by a very reputable and a great friend and car club member of mine ted(turbodsm90) from tedspec.com with the trap speed like that im guessing its making about 400hp

Last edited:

prove_it

Very nice, time to update the signature... Were you running consistently below 12?

Tre3zy

Prove_it i was only able to run 4 times... 1 run was a 12.2 @ 116 with a 1.9 60' i took it easy on the launch but still spun really bad at 5500 on the launch control... The next 2 qualifying passes for my class i ran a 11.75 & an 11.73... Then at the semi final run i bogged the car bad then miss shifted 1st to 2nd so i just shut it down from there... Made it to the semi's on the pro street heads up class and won $100 so not a bad day for the shitbox lol

Last edited:

prove_it

Pretty good. Time for some slicks.....

Tre3zy

@prove_it i would but i dont wanna break the stock diff lol so ima upgrade that first... Since its the end of the season the plans for next year is low 11s with a new turbo setup and better tires... Then by the end of the season maybe some high 10's if im lucky

I uploaded some pix btw

strokin4dr

Nice times! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Gizmovr4

Very nice congrats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

thecman02

You must be grabbing gears pretty fast in that thing. I have better 60' and more mph and only got you by .4s. Good job!

Tre3zy

Quoting turbowop:
Good job, dude! I trap 122mph and can't get past the stupid 12.ohhhhhhhhs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif thnx mark means alot coming from one of the members out here that i look up to... Man that fp30r is making some power lol you just need to get it down the track lol... Now if only my car can look as good as yours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif. Anyways plan for this winter is go tru the motor and freshen it up... I forgot to mention that cylinder 3 has a low compression when i did a compression test a few weeks back(at 95-psi) and the rest at 130-psi so ima see wats up with that... Hopefully it just needs a re-hone and new rings... If it ran that good on a slightly hurt motor then im sure i can get it better next year

Tre3zy

Quoting thecman02:
You must be grabbing gears pretty fast in that thing. I have better 60' and more mph and only got you by .4s. Good job!

Actually i couldnt shift it as fast... I had to wait for the trans to let me shift and im sure i lost some times there...

Chi271

She's moving out nicely!!

Tre3zy

yes stock diff

brisvr4

Nice driving for that time. Good to see more of you guys in the 11's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
10's are a completely different beast!

blackvr4

Just looked at your build thread! good Job! I am running a HX35 on my car as well always good to see holset cars gettin down! My PB so far is an 11.7@120 (28psi) and an 11.9@122 (31psi)really hard finding traction on stock sized 195s lol! Still running a 2G MAF and a stock motor, these motors love CORN!

How much boost and timing do you run?

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned