The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

First time to track with new car/build

vr4play

So my buddy finally was able to drag me to the strip last night. I have been being a Pu$$y for a while now. I decided to get a baseline with 93 pump and 20 psi on my street tune and my 17" street tires. First pass was a 12.72, 2nd was a 12.75, and finally my last pass was a 12.69 all with the mph in the 108's. I have the car tuned for auto-x so the top end isn't as strong with the exhaust cam retarded a bit but the power comes on strong. On the second pass I pulled some timing and it was to much so the 3rd run I put some back. I am happy figuring my other car went 12.20 on 25psi and race gas with the same turbo. After auto-x season I may go do some passes with my slicks and c16 with 28psi and see what happens. My goal for the car is a 11.20.

Last edited:

RedTwo

Only 3 runs?
That's pretty similar to what I pulled off, but I was on nana spec 15's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
What sort of 60' were you getting?

vr4play

I only got 3 runs because it was busy and I didn't want to break it because it has been my daily for the last couple of weeks because 816 has got some engine issues. I was only getting 1.8 60ft's because I kept lifting in fist to control the wheel spin. I should have just let them spin but didn't want to break anything. The car is a purpose built X prepared auto-x car. It has a built 2.0ltr motor with a trans built by myself. I have all the basics: ported polished cylinder head with ferrea valves, crower springs and retainers, hks 264 cams, extrude honed intake and exhaust manifolds, fidanza cam gears, DSM link w/gm maf, PTE 1200cc injectors, turbonetics T3/T4 50 trim ball bearing turbo, Blitz DSBC, custom intercooler set up, and a custom race exhaust. The interior is completly gutted except for 2 race seats and enough of the dash to hold the cluster and gauges. weighs in at 2952 lbs. There are some pix in this post click .

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned