The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Went to the strip

vr4play

Finally decided to put race gas in the car and take it to the track. I went a couple weeks ago but couldn't do any better than a 12.51 on pump gas. It just kept knocking so I gave up. Put 5 gallons of C16 in and started running. Best I could get was a 11.774 @ 118.57. I wanted to go faster but could'nt make it happen. 28 psi and 16deg of timing. I tried for 18 deg but it about took the motor out with lots of knock. I was hoping for 11.50 with this turbo but am not sure it'll make it happen. We had a pretty strong head wind and my 60ft sucked so maybe next year.

Last edited:

turbowop

Goddamnit. I ran 121mph traps earlier this year and couldn't do better than a 12.3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I mean, I ran it for the first time in six years so I was waaaaaay rusty, but I've run so many f***ing 12.ohs it's not even funny. I've run a whopping two high 11sec passes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/roll.gif I know my car has an 11.50 in it, but I can't drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Congrats on 11.7's though! What is your setup?

matt92vr4

Congrats! Sounds like fun. 11.7 is a nice number. Whoop up on any vettes?

I use to chase numbers but I found that even when I got it, it wasn't good enough. That just turned into a non-stop piss match money pit. I'm getting old now but I've been able to settle down and just have fun with whatever lol.

thecman02

Those numbers seemed real close to my numbers. I trapped 12.1 @ 118 on 93 oct pump. I settled around 15ish degrees and 29psi. Your 60' couldn't have been too bad. Mine was a 1.8s.

vr4play

I wish I could run that kind of timing on pump gas. Thats were I'm at on C16. I can't do more than about 7 or 8 without getting more knock than I am comfortable with. As for the setup click, the HKS 264 cams and Turbonetics T304E 50 trim turbo with stage 2 exhaust and custom bullseye power housing are kind of small for drag but the car is almost strictly for auto-x and its laggy enough. I kick myself all the time for not going stroker. I have a 2G head I am thinking of swapping in but don't know if its worth the effort. The car weights about 3250lbs with me in it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts